Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a solid reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia, AEGON companies employ approximately 26,500 people and have some 40 million customers across the globe. For more information, visit
Transamerica Life Protection (LP) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies’ life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Serve as a member of the Transamerica Life & Protection Human Resources team and will partner with an assigned business unit(s) to provide HR generalist /consulting services within the division's operational areas.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with managers and employees. Develop a strong working knowledge of the client group's business, their key results areas and initiatives and use such knowledge to provide good judgment in managing situations where HR partnership is required and to integrate HR philosophies with business strategies and needs.
· Foster positive teamwork with HR colleagues & support site HR responsibilities. Examples include, but not limited to, composing employee communications, back-up coverage for HR front desk, conducting New Employee Orientation, coordinating /leading employee-related projects, etc.
· Provide value added HR support that is aligned to your client group's key metrics.
· Provide guidance and counsel to management team regarding applicable legal and regulatory compliance issues, company policy and effective management of their employees, which includes working in collaboration with internal employment counsel.
· Provide employee relations support with performance issues, investigations, conflict resolutions, etc. Facilitate training classes as needed
· Provide organization development consulting regarding structure and alignment of teams, roles, and responsibilities, and other initiatives related to organizational change.
· Facilitate the recruiting process from the time the need is identified through the finalization of the offer. Proactively partner with managers to identify needs and create candidate profiles, determine appropriate staffing/sourcing solutions, screen and interview candidates (using behavioral-based interviewing) and make sound hiring recommendations.
· Provide compensation support including education on and/or assistance with the salary administration process, off-cycle salary adjustments, and market pricing education and application.
· Act as a liaison between the centralized employee service center and employees on payroll and benefits- related issues (FMLA, disability, etc.) as necessary.
· Work as a member of the Corporate HR team collaborating on broader HR issues, projects, and activities.
· Partner with other subject matter experts within the Corporate Division, e.g., Compensation, Benefits, Employee and Organizational Development, etc. to provide value-added solutions and services to clients.
· Support other programs and clients as needed.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent HR related experience; minimum of three years progressive HR experience including: individual and organizational development, recruiting (preferably using behavioral-based interviewing), employee relations, facilitation, benefits and compensation theory/administration (preferably in a market pricing environment); strong knowledge of employment and labor laws; solid decision making and problem solving skills; effective communication skills; PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel, HRIS, database management ) Professional certification (PHR, SPHR) is preferred. Experience in the financial services industry and/or contact centers and exposure to process improvement (i.e. Six Sigma principles) is a plus. Some overnight travel will be required.
Pay, Benefits, and Work Schedule:
Salary Range: $44,500 - $60,000
FLSA status: Exempt
Benefit eligible employees qualify for the AEGON USA, Inc. benefit package, which is a comprehensive package including optional Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, and more Additional details may be provided upon selection for interview.
Transamerica’s pay ranges are competitive and are based on the external labor market. An annual bonus opportunity may be available to regular employees.
Note: Job offer amounts are commensurate with applicant qualifications, level of experience and other compensable factors and are determined by hiring supervisors/managers.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
All Transamerica companies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. This policy extends to recruiting and hiring, working conditions, training programs, promotions and transfers, use of Company facilities, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Transamerica.com - 12 months ago