Transfield Services is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a rapidly growing business offering the diverse projects, international opportunities and tailored support you need to progress faster.
Provides HR generalist support to the EVP HR, TSA Corp office and the HR team. Performs generalist duties as well as multi-discipline HR support in training, recruiting, policies & procedures and project coordination. Acts as a liaison between the corp HR and field HR in ensuring implementation of HR initiatives. Provides support for successful implementation and administration of Company policies, programs and procedures. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with all client groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed are representative knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An HR Generalist will act as an expert in and complete the below described essential duties:
- Employee Relations – Provides general advice on employment legislation; supports and advises managers in disciplinary cases or cases of underperformance.
- Facilitation – Facilitate leaders and employees in group settings; Partner with and coach leaders to bring resolution to employee concerns and issues
- Conflict Management – Provide problem resolution and conflict management guidance for employees and leaders
- Performance Management – Advises managers on performance management process and issues; follows through with managers to ensure appropriate actions are implemented and performance culture is reinforced.
- Communication - Keeping employees informed and involved with HR activities; creating and maintaining clear communication systems and tools
- Culture and Change – Assist managers in supporting the human aspect of change management. Provides input to the Organizational Development function regarding programs and activities associated with corporate values and the company culture.
An HR Generalist will be an expert in and display the following behavioral competencies:
Meeting Customers’ Expectations & Delivering Results – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; Sets high standards for quality and quantity; Monitors and maintains quality and productivity; Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds ethics and values; Demonstrates integrity; Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Working with People – Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; Adapts to the team and builds team spirit; Recognises and rewards the contribution of others; Listens, consults others and communicates proactively; Supports and cares for others; Develops and openly communicates self-insight.
- Relating and Networking – Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation; Relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict; Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Analyzing – Analyzes numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks – Works productively in a pressurized environment; Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life; Maintains a positive outlook at work; Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Learning & Development:
- Acts as HR representative with respect to providing support and assisting project personnel in HR matters. Responsible for new hire process to include new hire paperwork, payroll set up; benefit enrollment maintenance and on-boarding. Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation, ensuring all necessary new hire paperwork is accurate and completed. Responsible for new hire data entry while creating and maintaining all necessary employee records.
- Process all employee actions to include transfers, vacations, promotions, merit, bonus, pay adjustments and terminations. Ensure that all necessary documents are received and approved.
- Ensures current HR services align with operational goals and objectives of the TSA Corp; liaises with TSA HR leadership team to implement programs and services to help meet those goals.
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices in the areas of employee relations, performance management and salary administration
- Coach managers and employees on how to effectively address and resolve concerns to bring resolution to workplace issues and encourage team-building strategies within departments
- Manage employment related legal matters (i.e. harassment, dismissal, discrimination cases, etc.)
- Attend management meetings and visit various departments to identify current manager or staff issues and recommend effective improvements
- Conduct internal investigations, and exit interviews; maintain files, employee metrics and prepare reports as requested
- Support EVP HR with oversight responsibility of performance management, talent review, and other regional HR programs and initiatives
- Responsible for onboarding, including conducting new hire orientation
- Conduct compliance training
- Coordinate talent review process for the region
- Support the HR team with various compliance and audit processes.
- Assist recruitment manager with recruitment on an as needed basis.
- Provide project coordination support to the HR leadership team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to handle confidential information. Ability to multi-task with accuracy, work independently with attention to detail and organization. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to learn HRIS system. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate to all levels of management. Very strong customer service orientation. General HR knowledge and competencies required. Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced changing environment
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, OD or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years with emphasis in employee relations and performance management
- Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices and accepted procedures
- Must possess strong interpersonal, listening, counselling and coaching skills
- Travel may be required on occasion
Minimum Education and Experience
Formal Education: HS Diploma or GED (Required); college degree preferred.
Work Experience: 7-10 years HR generalist experience required, with focused experience in training & development, employee relations and project management. Client support experience required.
Certifications and License: PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
If you would like to enjoy the greater opportunities and rewards of a business as diverse as its people, please visit the Careers section of our website and apply via Ref. No. 1744
Transfield Services is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
Posting Notes: Houston || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || LinkedIn; N/A; SEEK
Transfield Services - 19 months ago
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...