NOTE: To complete the application process, please copy and paste this address into your web browser to complete the online application form: https://www3.virtualedge.com/OnlineApplication/PerformanceFoodGroup/.
Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The HR Generalist position will perform the following duties:
• Recruits for open positions including advertising, screening and interviewing; criminal background checks, drug tests, physical abilities testing, motor vehicle reports and reference checks.
• Conducts new hire orientation and other training.
• Maintains and ensures legal compliance of associate personnel files and HRIS database. Helps maintain HRIS system and provides ad hoc reports as requested.
• Local contact for benefit issues including Family Medical Leave and Short Term Disability.
• Addresses associate relations with both union and non-union associates.
• Promotes “Team One” philosophy through recognition and team building programs.
• Consults on performance management.
• Contributes to newsletter and other communications.
Performance Food Group is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
REMINDER: Your application is not complete until you have completed the online application at https://www3.virtualedge.com/OnlineApplication/PerformanceFoodGroup/.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study preferred
4-6 years Human Resources generalist experience with 3 years in recruiting and hiring exempt and non-exempt associates
Current and thorough knowledge of employment law
Labor relations experience preferred
SPHR/PHR designation preferred