HR Generalist (Job Number: 010526) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
This position interprets and communicates Walgreens human resource policies. Works collaboratively with management and team members to support a broad range of human resource activities including, but not limited to employee engagement, employee relations, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, file documentation, change management, and special projects. In this position the person must demonstrate a high level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, and a pro-active approach to customer service. May provide multi-site support.
- Interprets and administers Walgreens policies related to employees. Provides recommendations to managers to ensure fair and consistent employee practices.
- Assists in the recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees, when applicable; monitors career path program.
- Provides insight and guidance with compensation issues.
- Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company team members; assists in the development and implementation of facility policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems. Facilitates group discussions.
- Assists the departmental manager with policy and benefits administration, training workers compensation, and safety. Communicates accurate information to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Creates reports and presentations. Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database and spreadsheets.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- Experience applying knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, worker’s compensation, AA/EEO, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA regulations/laws
- Experience with principles and procedures for talent acquisition, training, total rewards, employee relations, and HRIS/payroll systems
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- PHR Certification
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Contact Center Experience
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...