JOB TITLE: HR Generalist (1029)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position serves as an HR Generalist with duties that include acting as the Leave Specialist for FMLA, ADA and L&I related issues and assisting with the employee selection and placement process. This person will perform other professional functions in assisting the department with the overall administration and management of the Confluence HR program.
1. Coordinates Federal and State mandated and CH leave programs. Ensures compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans, including HIPAA, FMLA, ADA , and associated State laws, Military, and CH Leave Programs.
2. Provides employees with information regarding their rights under FMLA, workers’ compensation, ADA and other state and federal leave entitlements.
3. Manages the return to work program. Works with managers and employees to develop light duty or alternative jobs for return to work.
4. Obtains and reviews updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt.
5. Composes and sends written communications to employees within mandated time frames.
6. Responsible for maintaining all appropriate records, reports and files related to the leave administration.
7. Researches and determines trends related to leave history, types, etc.
8. Accurately communicates leave and benefits policies and practices to employees and managers.
1. Works in the ATS and manages applicant and job information.
2. Confers with managers to gain an understanding of the primary skills, knowledge and abilities required for each opening.
3. Participates at conventions and job fairs in order to recruit applicants.
4. Screens the applications received in response to recruitment activities as well as those on file and selects candidates for further consideration.
5. Conducts assessment interviews and evaluates each candidate in accordance with the prescribed criteria; refers the best of the qualified candidates to manager for further consideration. Advises managers concerning the merits of each referred.
6. Assists in developing recruitment strategies to quickly generate candidates for openings.
7. Creates classified ads, researches websites and other forms of recruitment advertising. Advises managers on media selection.
8. Assists in the conduct of reference/background checks on applicants.
9. Assists managers in determining and communicating job offers.
1. Maintains an understanding of the workings of all benefits and the compensation program.
2. Provides responses to inquiries from physicians and employees on HR topics.
3. Serves as a consultant to managers and applies policies, guidelines and past practices in addressing specific issues.
4. Understands the payroll and benefit administration processes and conducts payroll processing as needed.
5. Utilizes HRIS to manage employee data, generate meaningful reports and make proposals and decisions.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality of all personnel and patient information to which exposed. Exercises a high degree of discretion in communicating confidential information on a need-to-know basis.
1. Assists in the overall administration of HR programs by completing special assignments and projects as requested; may write department policies and procedures.
2. Stays abreast of local, state and federal employment regulations, guidelines and related court actions.
3. May participate in some aspects of the new employee orientation process.
4. Participates on committees as appropriate.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant field required. Extensive experience directly related to the primary job functions may be substituted for the degree.
2. PHR/SPHR preferred.
3. Recent experience working with and administering FMLA programs preferred.
4. Requires experience that demonstrates the ability to conduct in-depth interviews for the purpose of evaluating job applicants.
5. Experience with HR software, internet recruitment (to include social networking), and applicant tracking systems preferred.
6. Experience in the health care industry/profession helpful.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of benefits and the laws and regulations (federal and state) related to benefit plans such as ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA helpful.
2. Must have a demonstrated ability to develop and give group presentations.
3. Must be skilled in the art of interviewing.
4. Must have a demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize the personal computer at work, to include MS Word and Excel.
5. Knowledge of HRIS software application (e.g. UltiPro) desired.
6. Requires the ability to critically and objectively evaluate applicant information and observations and apply intuitive skills in making sound selection decisions.
7. Requires a high degree of initiative and the ability to work independently and deal with a high volume of work amidst distractions and time pressures.
8. Requires interpersonal skills capable of developing effective working relationships with diverse personalities and dealing calmly and professionally in confrontational situations.
9. Must have an even temperament and continual positive outward nature which projects a positive, professional public image and contributes to the morale of the office.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, stretching, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, and verbal communication to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information and reports. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
Normal office environment which consists of sitting at a desk for long periods of time, talking on the telephone, or working on computers and paperwork. This environment also consists of working in close proximity to co-workers.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Updates Safety skills on an annual basis. Understands and complies with safety procedures, including codes and evacuation procedures. Updates CPR skills as needed. Complies with clinic/department standards pertaining to attendance. Understands and follows all universal blood and body fluid precautions. There is the possibility to be exposed to infectious diseases, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinical setting.
Wenatchee Valley Medical Center - 17 months ago
Whether it's a quick trip to the clinic or a visit to the hospital, Wenatchee Valley Medical Center (WVMC) has Pacific Northwesterners...