The HR Generalist will administer policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Administers bonuses and ensure accuracy during payroll processing.
• Administer the employee benefits and answer questions related to the specific benefit plans.
• Facilitates yearly Open Enrollment Meetings and conducts monthly New Hire Enrollment meetings.
• Assist employees with various changes including, but not limited to W4 updates, Address Changes, Direct Deposits, and other clerical HR functions.
• Maintain various logs and other manual record-keeping systems related to assigned functions.
• Coordinate corporate events throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Knowledge of HR general functions.
• Must be familiar with HR-related policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University, or equivalent experience.
• Two to three years HR-related experience and/or training preferred.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• Web navigation and/or applications
• Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• 10-key calculator and keyboarding skills.
• Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
• Success Factors
Westlake Services, LLC - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
People. Purpose. Passion. These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1978. Westlake has...