Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com). Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: HR Business Consultant
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist with a minimum of 7 years HR generalist experience with a strong emphasis on employee relations activities, HR policy interpretation/application and HR program/project deployment. This position will be responsible for assisting, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of services for HR, including participation in the development and practice of HR policy and process throughout the Organization.
Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role. Working closely with various HR teams and Employee Legal team; mentoring and coaching HR Consultants on the team; provide expert advice on fair and equitable employment practices and provide coaching to managers in policies, process and awareness of workplace issues.
- Provides HR partnership and consulting to managers and employees and educates them on available self-service resources as appropriate.
- Guides and coaches managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards). Coaches individual managers on increasing management capabilities.
- Partner with team members throughout the HR organization to communicate and educate on HR policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Provides consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core HR programs.
- Manages, tracks and reports progress on HR issue resolution. Identifies trends and provides possible solutions.
- Drives implementation / execution of core programs and projects for assigned business organizations.
- Develops and maintains project plans, timelines and issues logs for all HR programs.
- Acts as liaison between centers of expertise and HRBPs. Primary point of contact for COEs regarding program implementation / execution.
- Analyzes and interprets business organization(s) needs in order to make program improvement recommendations. Leverages best practices and identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
- Bachelors Degree required and at least 7 years HR Experience
- Experience working on a variety of HR functions
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects
- Good knowledge of employment legislation
- The ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences
- Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues
- Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands
Yahoo! Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...