Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company's reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders has approximately 1000+ employees supporting clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
The HR Generalist works as a full-time employee of Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. (Zeiders) at the corporate office in Woodbridge, VA. This position provides general human resources support in the areas of employee onboarding, policy clarification, data entry, and general administrative functions in support of a specific contract with a wide variety of staff across the country and working remotely. The majority of the functions performed will be to support the supervisor or manager of the related process and senior level professionals with the daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly HR activities. In addition, this person will serve as the front line human resources generalist to employees with general human resources support needs. This role works under direct supervision of the HR Manager and routinely interfaces with contract management team leaders in the conduct of their duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use spreadsheets and database review process to ensure that information is entered correctly.
- Running weekly, monthly and as needed reports to support contract management needs.
- Conduit between the contract and HR needs
- Answers general HR questions from staff
- Manager support on HR Issues
- Provides oversight on provisioning for new hires and outgoing with teleworkers
- Other administrative duties as required including but not limited to generating form letters; mailings; calendar and schedule management, etc.
- Assist with online job requisitions and postings based on position control numbers with coordination between the contract management and recruiting organizations.
- Communicate with IT or Equipment department(s) to ensure processing of new or returned equipment.
- Communicate with new-hire or termination processes and submit request for action forms as needed.
- Complete verification of employment requests.
- Tracks, analyzes and provides recommendations to managers on employee performance and other data for compilation at the contract level.
- Monitors and analyzes key contract HR metrics and generates business intelligence reports for managers.
- Ensures compliance to process by implementing and monitoring the application of company HR policies for a contract.
- Seeks additional HR subject matter experts, such as for employee relations, benefit administration or payroll, when situations warrant.
- Supports the implementation of recognition programs and incentives designed to stimulate improved performance.
- Keep all proprietary and confidential data entries in line with the company integrity policies.
- Exercise discretion and security in maintaining the value of information entered into databases.
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with internal contract management teams.
- Support office initiatives and/or projects on an as needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in HR or related field coupled with 2 year human resources experience ; OR 5+ years’ experience in human resources
- PHR certification preferred
- Experience with Ultipro HRIS software preferred
- Military lifestyle experience preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a group as a problem solver.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Skilled data management and entry
- Computer knowledge and efficiency in the following programs/systems: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word; Excel; PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint); and HRIS (all Ultipro modules).
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and a variety of departments
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Physical Demands. Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All positions which require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver’s license, transportation, and auto insurance.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. - 11 months ago