Backcountry.com is currently seeking an HR Generalist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the previous experience and skillsets to provide comprehensive HR support to the Contact Center to ensure the overall mission and strategy of Backcountry.com are achieved. Your duties will also include promoting the Backcountry.com culture and driving employee engagement to create a fabulous work environment that enables excellence in business operations. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing counsel, direction and guidance related to all HR and personnel issues to ensure compliance with Federal and State employment laws and improving organizational effectiveness.
This position reports into our Salt Lake City, UT offices. Backcountry.com is a growing ecommerce retailer; we specialize in selling premium outdoor gear and clothing. Our mission is to connect people with their passions!
· Partner with HR Team and the Contact Center management team to implement HR strategies, practices, processes and programs to support the operation of the Call Center and the Backcountry.com culture
· Lead the recruiting and onboarding activities for the facility
· Provide advice and counsel to management and employees on a wide range of employee issues
· Coordinate and oversee programs including Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, Pre-employment drug screens, and all other programs necessary to comply with State and Federal Labor & Employment Laws
· Coordinate Employee Relations and discuss employee concerns, find possible solutions for employee and come to resolution that is satisfactory for all parties involved
· Coordinate leaves of absence ( FMLA, STD, ADA, Workers Comp emergency medical leave absence) for facility
· Provide and oversee training activities for the facility including Employee Development Programs and Management Development Programs
· Provide the first level of support for all compensation and benefit questions and issues within the Contact Center
· Emphasize performance management, retention, coaching, change management and conflict resolution
· Create effective data tracking tools and metrics to demonstrate continuous improvement over time relative to HR and Business operations
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2 years of progressive HR Generalist work experience
· Strong understanding of traditional HR Tools including; staffing, performance management, HR metrics, training and development
· Strong knowledge of HR and Employment laws
· Strong customer focus and ability to develop concise and clear solutions
· Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple audiences including employees and management
· Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
· Collaborative approach with HR and Business Partners
· Strong analytical skills; uses and interprets data to validate plans and approaches
· Working knowledge of MS Office products
· Experience with ADP Payroll/Benefit Services preferred
· Outgoing personality
· We use the gear we sell all employees are privy to incredible gear deals across a huge range of outdoor sports, action sports, and lifestyle products
· All employees have access to special opportunities with vendors, resorts, resort passes, industry events, etc...
· Backcountry.com is growing and evolving. All employees have strong opportunity for career advancement and growth
backcountry.com - 16 months ago
Liberty Interactive Corp. (formerly Liberty Media Corp.) stands by your right to shop at home and online. The company is focused on video...