Our earth-conscious client is committed to reducing the environmental impact of operations by focusing on reduction, recycling and reuse of their products. They are currently in need of an experienced and energetic HR Generalist to work in their Tampa office near the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
The HR Generalist is responsible for supporting all routine human resource functions including recruitment and retention of staff, compensation, benefits, and training. In addition, the position provides consultation and mediation to management regarding staff relations, as well as develops, recommends and administers policies, procedures and programs that ensure fairness and respect for individuals and legal compliance.
The position requires a broad HR Generalist background and will be primarily charged with administration and maintenance of HRIS processes and full employee life-cycle HR support responsibilities. Our client offers growth potential, along with competitive pay plus full benefits and 401(k).
- Assists and supports multiple projects and programs, to include primarily HRIS administration and maintenance, as well as updating policies and procedures, Benefits Administration, Leave Administration & Compensation.
- Analyzes, develops and interprets reporting data to support business needs and HRIS functions.
- Responsible for supporting all phases of recruiting.
- Recommends and manages appropriate recruitment sources and provides assistance with staffing plans.
- Sources candidates and builds a strong applicant pipeline.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions to promote alignment with organizational objectives and compensation programs.
- Collaborates with all levels of staff to promote employee engagement and address potential employee retention issues.
- Develops and/or modifies business processes to improve communications and efficiencies within the HR Administration and specifically the recruiting process.
- Develops and administers human resource policies and procedures and ensures legally appropriate and consistent application throughout the organization.
- Partners with the HR team and business leaders in developing and coordinating training initiatives.
- Administers compensation programs and provides manager consultation to ensure internal equity, legal compliance, and competiveness in the marketplace.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible HR Generalist experience.
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations governing human resource matters and the ability to function as a business partner with a solid knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation skills, are required to disseminate information in meetings, write policy and procedural/training documents, and deliver effective presentations on a variety of HR topics.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with all levels of management and staff within an organization.
- Ability to utilize HRIS systems to provide meaningful metrics and reporting for upper management (70% of job initially due to current project needs).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and negotiate or influence appropriate outcomes.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in standard business applications included in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel (pivot tables and vlook-up experience).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Previous experience in a corporate environment providing off-site HR support to employees.
- Experience working with a large non-union decentralized workforce within a manufacturing or distribution environment.
livingHR - 7 months ago