The Human Resources Generalist-Employee Relations will work closely with the HR Team and in alignment with the business to drive and facilitate HR initiatives through the organization. This role will provide day-to-day support to the employees in a variety of areas including staffing, records retention and maintenance, employee relations and other projects as needed.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- This hands–on role will assist with the implementation and coordination of all human resource activities including but not limited to employment, general employee relations and other HR programs.
- Assist with the staffing process for the firm including candidate communication and interview scheduling.
- Prepare and maintain employee files. Engage in hard copy and electronic record keeping and personnel file maintenance.
- Administer new hire orientation; including providing assistance to employees with inquiries.
- Respond to employee and candidate communication in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Engage in an approach that encompasses best practices for HR service delivery.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years experience working in an HR role-focusing on employee relations.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized, sensitive to deadlines and accessible based on business needs.
- Current knowledge of HR related Federal and State laws.
- Knowledge of and experience in multiple human resource disciplines.
- Must be driven to achieve results, highly attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, in a high performance, fast paced environment without compromising quality.
- High degree of comfort with frequent, ongoing change.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization.
- Strong time management and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- High comfort level with technology; familiar with using technology to increase workload efficiencies.
- Gets satisfaction from wearing multiple hats in a team oriented, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working with an HRIS preferred – ORACLE experience is very desireable.