HR Information Systems Specialist - 09130 |
Arthur J. Gallagher, Inc. , one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Acts as the subject matter expert for one or more of the Human Resource Information systems (HRIS), suggesting recommendations for improvements to the application, the impact of those changes and managing the implementation of the results, incorporating best practices and customer input. The HRIS analyst also supports end user questions/ issues and ongoing reporting to focus on improving application quality.
List of Essential Duties:
- Solicit feedback and identify overall needs of HRIS end users. Translate business needs into actionable programming and process steps.
- Partners with peers and business leadership to ensure application development efforts meet business needs, implement new or enhanced tools and technology.
- Respond and resolve help desk inquiries. Track and report on overall quantity and type of help desk requests and resolutions. Identify and report findings of end user needs/issues.
- Initiate efforts and procedures to maintain data integrity, troubleshoot and recommend solutions.
- Identify process or data concerns and coordinates small projects in order to improve data integrity and efficient operations.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and problems, partnering with vendors to resolve issues
- Establish and maintain up-to-date HRIS functional departmental documentation, SOPs standard operating procedures, as well as a comprehensive reports library.
- Acts as liaison between the functional group and IT group. Participate in the testing of new reports, processes, etc and provide testing results to appropriate resources.
- Actively participate and make contributions in team meetings and one-on-one meetings
- Communicates status of work to appropriate parties in order to keep them informed and involved.
- Project management of small to medium projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree
- 3 years relevant experience required
- Delivers results; provides superior customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal, administration, reasoning and decision making skills
- Excellent ability to maximize computers and systems
- Strong skills in the use of technology including, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven problem solving skills
- Experience with the following applications; Oracle, Business Objects, OBIE, Cornerstone, Comp Fusion, and or rewards and recognition tools
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions)
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute the Company's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co - 21 months ago