This position partners with the Head of Genetic Analysis to provide strategic HR leadership for a $1.1 billion division which includes ~300 employees, with direct responsibility for the supporting the division president and executive staff. Staff are located in the Bay Area and Singapore. Responsibilities include talent management and organizational capabilities enabling business results. They will develop organization and talent strategies, and lead the change management initiatives needed to enable those strategies.
• Design and develop operating models, structures, mechanisms, and workforce plans that drive the Genetic Analysis business strategy
• Diagnose people and capabilities gaps (e.g. performance, talent, compensation) between actual and desired results and develop targeted interventions and development strategies
• Influence the global/regional footprint for the business & develop optimal workforce model (e.g. headcount targets, spans, layers, total cost of workforce)
• Create workforce plans to identify and address the talent acquisition, development, and retention objectives of their business (e.g. diversity)
• Muscle build the organization by developing individual and team capability to optimize business performance
• Design and implement change and culture initiatives that enable business strategy
• Participate in activities such mergers and acquisitions, integrations, restructurings, etc.
• Assure compliance with all labor and employment laws
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
• Domestic and international travel required
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience required. Masters degree or advanced education, training, and/or certification preferred.
A minimum of 12-15 years relevant professional level human resources experience.
Successful candidate will possess a learning orientation and the ability to work in a highly-matrixed environment. Strong communication and change management skills required, in addition to ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally. Incumbent must be able to escalate difficult issues and make tough decisions.
Life Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...