SUMMARY: The HR Manager manages the day to day operations of the HR office. The HR Manager manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. Responsible for professional development, the HR information system and files, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, recruitment, credentialing, managing internships, coaching, and mentoring. The HR Manager also performs a variety of skilled administrative and technical support activities for HR including orientation, new hire paperwork, recruiting efforts, assists in the disciplinary process of employees, employee related and/or other related technical support functions. The HR Manager is expected to be interested in developing specific knowledge and skills in the assigned HR activities. Must be well organized, a great communicator both verbally and in writing, and maintain a professional attitude and image.
1. Manage all phases of recruitment including interviewing, orientation and reference checking. Responsible for all HR activities to include employment, compensation, and training and development.
2 Follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
3. Provide assistance and respond to inquiries and questions from applicants, supervisors, and employees; explain routine existing human resources policies, procedures, and processes.
4. Maintain and update accurate and timely record-keeping and database systems (using ADP); assure inclusion of information from required sources and accuracy of records; apply applicable record systems processes and procedures.
5. Assist with formal studies and projects relating to training, staffing, and employment compensation, etc.
6. Compile and organize information and data for review; may conduct special reports or studies; maintain documentation and files. Administer and explain benefits to employees.
7. Develop human resources forms and records; ensure proper routing and disposition of records; explain and obtain necessary forms from new employees; ensure confidentiality of employee data.
8. Schedule and conduct routine surveys and interviews with employees and managers or other organizations.
9. Acts as a staff liaison with the Board HR Committee.
10. Participate in the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of program processes, procedures and systems.
11. Prepare and maintain job descriptions, job documentation, job evaluation, and company salary structure systems.
12. Conduct job analysis to determine internally consistent and externally competitive compensation.
13. May help coordinate programs, projects and personnel within specified timelines; participate in and help facilitate meetings and programs as appropriate.
14. May prepare and develop meeting materials; provide staff support during meetings.
15. May participate in training and development activities and present information to employee groups.
16. Participate on committees to provide input and recommendations.
17. Attend various training and development courses and programs to enhance personal job versatility and enhance understanding of the Human Resources field.
18. Maintain employee personnel records, complete personnel change forms, process separation documents.
19. Maintain employee database to track performance reviews, valid licensure, and immunizations.
20. Perform background checks and credentialing/privileging of appropriate clinical employees.
21. Administer benefits for all employees: health insurance, STD, life insurance, unemployment compensation, COBRA, workers compensation, etc.
22. Develop and maintain good relationships with outside businesses, schools and other community organizations..
24. Facilitate actions to resolve employee issues.
25. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Considerable knowledge of standard office clerical and administrative practices, processes, and equipment, including data gathering, and maintaining information and records, and applying basic math.
2. Knowledge in the Human Resources field.
3. Initiative, skill, and interest in the field of Human Resources.
4. Ability to understand and apply program concepts, policies and procedures in the work environment.
5. Ability to learn applicable HR policies, procedures, including laws and regulations.
6. Ability to effectively interface with individuals or groups of people representing various backgrounds and disciplines.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing, including explaining processes and procedures to others.
8. Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of tasks, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
9. Ability to work effectively in a participating team environment.
10. Ability to accurately compile, monitor, track and gather relevant data, and compile routine reports.
11. Ability to operate standard business computer software, including word processing, spreadsheet and
database programs or other application software as required for position.
12. Ability to learn to effectively utilize and operate sophisticated automated record keeping systems and
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality requirements.
14. Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
15. Strong customer service skills.
16. Accurate and versatile in all functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human resources and two years experience preferred. Equivalent education/experience will be considered. Post secondary course work in office management or the specific program area desirable. Any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
Alternative HR, LLC - 11 months ago