For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit
HR Manager – Decatur, IL Corn Plant
Full-time, exempt position
The Human Resource Manager position is responsible for effectively planning, designing, developing, evaluating and implementing human resource related initiatives that support plant goals. This position provides support to various levels of management and employees while leading talent management and development, performance management, recruiting, training, coaching and other employee and labor relations issues. This position reports to the Corn Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with management in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support. Works closely with management partnering with them to resolve critical people and business issues.
- Provides proactive consultation and guidance regarding compliance with laws, regulations and policies as well as the collective bargaining agreement.
- Manage effective training programs at all levels within the plant.
- Workforce planning and succession through strategic planning and partnerships.
- Management of the overall recruiting and hiring process for the plant.
- Understands key business issues and manages HR strategies for the Plant, ensuring consistency with the rest of the Company.
- Increase understanding and consistent application of ADM policies, procedures, and practices through training, coaching, one-on-one communication and policy interpretation.
- Oversee handling of employment-related inquiries, such as unemployment proceedings, FMLA and other related employee benefits.
- Represent management in investigating, answering and settling employee complaints of moderate complexity. Represent management in the analysis of employee misconduct and recommend appropriate disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Provide assistance to the Plant safety team relative to projects and initiatives for the facility.
- Work closely with the Plant and quality management to maintain HR and training records in accordance with FSSC 22000 requirements.
- Management of Plant HR administrative staff with responsibility for hourly payroll and other payroll aspects relative to the labor agreement.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources or related field is preferred. PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of professional Human Resources experience in a fast-paced, union manufacturing environment.
- Previous labor relations, recruiting and management development experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Successfully relates to and works with a diverse workforce in a variety of positions including senior leaders, supervisors and hourly employees.
- Ability to create momentum and foster change.
- Ability to wear necessary PPE and work in conditions such as: dust, chemical and solvent exposure, hot, humid or cold temperatures, noise exposure, up to two miles of walking at any point, bending, stooping, kneeling or squatting, ability to transport materials or equipment weighing 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
Archer Daniels Midland - 30+ days ago
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...