HR Manager – Decatur Corn Plant
Full-time, exempt position
The Human Resource Manager position is responsible for effectively planning, designing, developing, evaluating and implementing human resource related initiatives that support plant goals. This position is integral to the plant and provides support to management and employees while leading talent management and development, performance management, recruiting, training, coaching and other employee and labor relations issues. The Corn Plant HR Manager has extensive direct interaction with employees at all levels within the facility as well as corporate. This position reports to the Corn Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with management in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support. Works closely with management partnering with them to resolve critical people and business issues.
- Provides proactive consultation and guidance regarding compliance with laws, regulations and policies as well as the collective bargaining agreement.
- Work closely with the Plant and quality management to maintain HR and training records in accordance with FSSC 22000 requirements.
- Manage effective training programs at all levels within the plant.
- Workforce planning and succession through strategic planning and partnerships.
- Management of the overall recruiting and hiring process for the plant.
- Understands key business issues and manages HR strategies for the Plant, ensuring consistency with the rest of the Company.
- Increase understanding and consistent application of ADM policies, procedures, and practices through training, coaching, one-on-one communication and policy interpretation.
- Oversee handling of employment-related inquiries, such as unemployment proceedings, FMLA and other related employee benefits.
- Represent management in investigating, answering and settling employee complaints of moderate to high complexity. Represent management in the analysis of employee misconduct and recommend appropriate disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Provide assistance to the Plant safety team relative to projects and initiatives for the facility.
- Able to balance objectivity with their ability to develop rapport with colleagues in the plant.
- Management of Plant HR administrative staff with responsibility for hourly payroll and other payroll aspects relative to the labor agreement.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources or related field is required. Equivalent education and experience considered. PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5+ years of professional Human Resources experience in a fast-paced, union manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in moderate to complex labor and employee relations issues, recruiting with an eye toward long-term and succession planning as well as training and development experience required.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and follow-up on multiple complex issues and projects.
- Ability to move and modify priorities as needs change and issues arise.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Successfully relates to and works with a diverse workforce in a variety of positions including senior leaders, supervisors and hourly employees.
- Ability to create momentum, think strategically and foster change.
- Ability to wear necessary PPE and work in conditions such as: dust, chemical and solvent exposure, hot, humid or cold temperatures, noise exposure, up to two miles of walking at any point, bending, stooping, kneeling or squatting, ability to transport materials or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
Archer Daniels Midland - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...