Assists in providing Human Resources leadership to the City. Involved in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications, compensation, training and development and employee events. Serves as an internal consultant to managers and employees in the area of employment law issues, policies, procedures and regulations. Attendance is an essential function of this position. The City reserves the right to require an employee in this position to work overtime. This position provides services or performs duties for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations. These may include services or duties different from those performed in the usual course and scope of your job. In the event of an evacuation, the incumbent in this position may be required to remain to perform needed services.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, DEGREES, CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent directly related experience.
- Five years senior level experience in a Human Resources Department.
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and writing skills.
- Equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered.
Deadline: Monday February 24 th , 2014 at 12:00p.m.
The City of Huntsville is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to strengthen its staff with a broad range of candidates – women and minorities encouraged to apply.
The City of Huntsville application for employment must be completed and submitted by the closing date posted to be considered for employment. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications.
City Of Huntsville
Attn. Sandra Cuevas
1212 Avenue M
Huntsville, Texas 77340