Manages and oversees the functional generalist areas of Human Resources (generalist), including but not limited to: employee relations, policy and procedure, benefits, compensation and payroll, recruiting, performance management, compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and special projects. Works with members of the management team as a strategic business partner to build and manage the organization. Consults in the development, implementation and communication of human resources policies, procedures and initiatives. Prepares reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Oversees the management of administrative HR functions, such as: employee files, salary surveys, history reports, fingerprint cards, employment verifications, unemployment claims, OSHA survey reporting and workers
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization with leadership and management and acts as an advisor on human resource issues. Provides guidance to HRBP and other HR staff as they assist managers/supervisors/employees with all human resources issues including employee relations, policy and procedures, benefits, compensation and payroll, recruitment, training, programs, etc.
- Partner with the US HR management team to develop and implement HR practices, policies and initiatives. Coordinates and continues improving the activities and programs of the HR function throughout the business unit(s).
- Leads, manages and develops the Human Resources team for the region/business unit(s), including coaching, counseling, training and workflow assignment. Evaluates the HR strategy, structure and team plan for continual improvement.
- Participates in the development of the companys plans and programs.
- Remains current on employment law. Consults with legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Oversees and recommends approval of the processing of terminations and exit interviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Masters degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory/management experience required – with experience in managing remote staff. PHR/SPHR certification is highly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Proficiency in HRIS, reporting within an HRIS, prior experience with performance management software, prior experience utilizing Sharepoint as well as proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, e-mail, PowerPoint, and database software knowledge.
Directly supervises numerous employees.. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.