GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The HR Manager is the first point of contact for GE Healthcare’s managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role will report to an HR Business Partner and be directly aligned to a defined employee population (average client size: 300-500 employees).
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development and talent assessment, acquisition and retention
• Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
• Partner with HR Business Partners and Organization & Talent Development professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies
• Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported & resolved
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
• Lead key HR processes including compensation planning
• Problem-solve using judgment based on the analysis of information
• Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
• Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
• Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
• Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members or HR generalists
• Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Support the initiative to ensure client managers establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure management ensures quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization.
5. Ensure management has established and communicated quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
6. Advise management with "Executive Responsibility" of the appropriateness or otherwise of organizational structures ref 21CFR820.20.
7. Support the initiative to ensure client groups maintain adequate organizational structure and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality. Document and provide sufficient objective evidence of the assigned personnel via an accurate and up to date org chart. Ensure qualified personnel based on documentation of education, background, training and experience relative to the employees assigned responsibilities.
8. Awareness, understanding and implementation of HR related quality compliance guidelines, work instructions, and/or procedures… such as: org charts, job descriptions, training records.
9. Assist in identifying training needs and ensure that personnel are trained adequately to perform their assigned responsibilities. Ensure training is documented.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
2. Minimum of 4 years professional work experience with at least 2 in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management
3. In-depth understanding of HR concepts and principles gained through formal education and work experience
4. Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
5. Comprehensive communication and diplomacy skill set to exchange complex or sensitive information in a concise and logical way
6. Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees and leaders at all levels
7. Location is Barrington, Seattle, Boston, Milwaukee (RP)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
2. GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
3. Strong problem solving skills; ability to assess situations make judgments based on practice or previous experience
4. Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
5. Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities
6. Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others
7. Strong project management and complex problem-solving skills
8. Oracle HR systems knowledge
9. Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience, needed to effectively deliver a variety of HR-related training programs to groups of managers/colleagues
10. Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements.
11. Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
12. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
13. Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues)
14. PHR/SPHR certification
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...