- Establish role as proactive integrated partner on strategic and operational levels
- Build and leverage strong relationship with the HR team and hiring managers
- Partner with business to ensure HR strategy is incorporated into the business strategy/workforce plan.
- Provides talent/performance management guidance to line management/employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, crisis relations)
- Communicate / educate business leaders and employees on significant, relevant changes in HR policies and programs
- Strategically work with assigned organization executive management/employees to improve work relationships, build engagement, increase productivity, attract and retain talent, which includes partnering with COE’s relative to strategic workforce planning.
- Consult with line management, provide guidance on business unit restructures, specific transformation efforts, job design, workforce/succession planning
- Identify training and leadership development needs for assigned business as a systemic strategy
- Manage multiple work streams in an HR environment
- Train, develop and evaluate employees
- Make decisions based on general policies and procedures
- Highly skilled and proficient in a wide range of HR practice areas
- Recruit and interview applicants for salaried employment
- Optimize business plans to improve business results
- Facilitate Global and North America HRMs.
- Work with organization to drive Business Priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution, facilitation, and influencing
- Acknowledged expert in field
- Ability to teach courses related to their field of expertise
- Consulting or advisory positions held in field of expertise
- Certification in a professional organization in their field of expertise preferred
- Highly proficient use of HR Systems and Computer Software Application skills
- Masters degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline preferred
- Trusted confident with perspective - high integrity with strong customer focus
- Ability to build personal relationships, especially with line executives
- Drive strategic talent management issues to execution
- Change Management – Communication, Influencing skills, make compelling cases for solutions, taking strong positions
- People advocate - Sizing up talent, deep talent management expertise
- Work well across boundaries and demonstrates adaptability when facing ambiguity, working with other HR professionals to continuously improve & deliver world class SDM
- Motivate others and build/develop effective direct report teams
- 22 months ago - save job
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...