Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate
Join the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and become part of the North American Manufacturing team! As part of the company's largest business unit, North America associates play a critical role in accelerating Goodyear as Best in Class. Manufacturing associates work with internal stakeholders and suppliers to provide innovative strategic solutions. Members of our team are expected to be change agents with strong project management skills and have the ability to work collaboratively on team based problem solving. Those with exceptionally strong communication skills, the ability to drive results, enact a sense of urgency, and function with a high level of energy will be critical to driving our success.
Join the legacy of Goodyear and be a part of an outstanding team!
Lead the plant HR department by driving world class HR strategies and
systems around safety, staffing, labor relations, training, and
organizational development. Promote plant's vision, mission statement
Lead organizational development for the plant. Ensure the organization
is staffed with innovative, high-performing team members with a focus on
continuous improvement. Maintain active involvement in the succession
and career-planning/career-pathing process and workforce planning
Develop progressive HR policies for the plant. Direct the administration
of Company policy for employees. Develop systems that assure the plant
complies with the law and with Goodyear policy, and that those systems
are administered effectively.
Plan, organize and negotiate the plant's Collective Bargaining Agreement
(or Associate Systems in non-union plants). Maintain productive working
relationship with the local union. Communicate and educate the plant
leadership around the successful application of the Agreement and
- Ability to build high performing teams.
- Prefer a candidate of working experience in both Union and Non-Union environments.
- Candidate must be mobile within North America.
- 4-year degree; HR or related field. SPHR or PHR preferred
- 10+ yrs HR experience; 5+ yrs HR Manager experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in all aspects of human resources; employee relations, company- union labor relations, workforce planning, administering company policy, OSHA compliance, employment law, governmental reporting, community relations, as well as other HR duties
- Must possess excellent interpersonal & managerial skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the interpersonal skills and organizational awareness to effectively deal with all levels of the organization, from the manufacturing teams to senior management.
- Ability to facilitate teams at all level of the organization
- Masters Degree preferred
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- 17 months ago - save job
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...