The Milford NYC is undergoing one of New York City’s
most amazing transformations. Upon completion this
Spring, the $140 million renovation of this iconic hotel
will offer newly designed guest rooms, a totally
renovated lobby, the hippest lounge and newest rooftop
bar in Manhattan. The hotel is designed for guests to
enjoy the AUTHENTIC New York experience throughout their
entire stay. Our 1,331 guest rooms feature a light,
bright and airy design with clean and elegant
furnishings. The room colors are inspired by the VIBRANT
colors of the NYC subway lines and accented with wall
graphics paying homage to our Times Square location.
Guests can walk through our corridors and feel as if
they are in 5-different Manhattan neighborhoods with our
life size murals. Our 25,000 square feet of retail space
will include exclusive high end shops and a variety
NYC’s best food offerings. The 5,000 square foot roof
top bar will cater to the fashionista in everyone with
indoor and outdoor space, views from tip to tip of
Manhattan at the top of the world's largest lifesytle
Be part of the transformative team and experience New
York’ most incredible journey of success. This is a once
in a lifetime opportunity to be on the team delivering
the Smart, Vibrant and Authentic NYC experience at The
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting
the Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human
Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for
filling all hourly positions in a timely manner,
accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the
understanding and enforcement of company policies, and
assisting with benefits and workmen’s compensation
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing
enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility
Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman’s Compensation claims, complete First
benefits (insured and noninsured).
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Maintain advertising logbook.
- Become certified trainer in all Human Resources
- Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss
benefits, conduct tour of property.
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
- Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation – explain
- Write articles and take pictures for property
(meetings, picnics, parties).
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events
Reduction Plan, conduct yearly transportation survey.
- Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
- At least 1 year of progressive Human Resources
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
otherwise move objects.
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bilingual English-Spanish Required
Highgate Hotels, L.P. - 18 months ago