The Human Resource Manager/Generalist IV is a critical member of the HR team. This person will work with senior HR leader to manage the HR department and drive strategic initiatives. This position will help develop and implement process improvements and ensure positive employee relations. This position will be accountable for helping to deliver strategic value to all aspects of the company. The ideal candidate will have HR leadership experience and will have a broad range and understanding of an HR Generalist. This position will be a key contributor to the department’s overall mission and company objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and controls activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines to help alignment with the strategic goals of the company.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory within the HRIS system.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Partners with supervisors, leads, and managers to drive strategic HR initiatives.
- Develops communication plans, training plans, policies, procedures and other key HR activities as assigned by the HR leader.
- Participates in developing department metrics, goals, objectives, and systems to help HR in the journey to be a strategic business partner.
- Prepares and analyzes data as necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company.
- Assists with the execution of a performance management system and employee career development programs.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; May conduct new-employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Develops recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration. Responsible for assisting with annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsel managers on employment issues.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Helps monitor the organizational culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Must have high degree of honesty and integrity; must conduct assigned tasks with professionalism, respect, and high moral character at all times
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Proven communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks to completion
- Must have high attention to detail and be reliable, motivated, dedicated, and committed
- Proficient computer navigation skills Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.
- Prior experience with process improvements, or continuous improvement, or Change Management is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) or more years of experience, OR
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management and four (4) years of experience in the HR field
- SPHR or GPHR preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work that expected to be performed by the people hired to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, accountabilities, duties, and skills required.
KINZE Manufacturing - 9 months ago