Danaher Company Description
Kollmorgen is a worldwide leader in the design, development and manufacture of proprietary motion control products and services for diverse industrial, aerospace & defense, and consumer product applications. The Kollmorgen business is divided into two businesses: Industrial Automation and Engineered Solutions. Kollmorgen utilizing the Danaher Business System (Lean Manufacturing based operating system) is taking steps to reduce costs and improve productivity. The sales and marketing teams use various DBS growth tools to grow the business faster than market growth. The Marketing, Engineering and R&D teams are utilizing DBS product development tools to design new products faster and with better VOC.
The incumbent is responsible for leading efforts regarding recruiting, organization planning, development, performance management, associate relations, and the execution of special programs. All tasks should be in alignment with the company’s strategy and be designed to achieve maximum effectiveness and success. The incumbent is also responsible for the development, modification, coordination and implementation of policies covering employment, associate relations, salary administration, benefits administration, safety, health, associate services, communication and retirement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and implement a recruitment strategy for hourly and salary positions for Radford wide sites, using Danaher standard work processes including posting of positions, applicant tracking, evaluation of candidates and recommendations to hiring managers.
• Provide internal consulting services regarding the interpretation and application of HR policies and processes. Participate in developing best practices and implementing policies and processes as applicable.
• Day-to-day associate relations including problem solving, counseling, coaching, fact-finding, etc.
• Responsible for key talent and management development including consulting with the organization’s leaders regarding team development and personal/professional development of associates. Provide leadership in the development of a sustainable high performance/high commitment workforce.
• HR Manager will join with the leadership to champion the Danaher Business System (DBS). DBS is the organizational culture that encompasses continuous improvement and policy deployment of strategic initiatives.
• Ensure proper due diligence in associate relations according to company values.
• Direct recruiting and employment activities to ensure the timely placement of qualified associates in salaried, hourly and temporary positions.
• Develop programs, policies, procedures and controls regarding key HR metrics (safety, recruiting, associate satisfaction, on-time performance appraisals, turnover, etc.)
• Conduct research into HR programs, policies and employment law and recommend strategies, changes or innovations where appropriate.
• Supervise associate welfare plans such as retirement, leave of absences, disability benefits and other associate safety, health and wellness services.
• Properly execute corporate policies and HR programs ensuring superior quality, deliver and cost.
• Oversee the negotiation, implementation and ongoing administration of collective bargaining agreements.
• Engage in community relation and otherwise represent the Company to the public when necessary.
• Ensure compliance with employment-related laws. Represent, or aid in the representation of, the Company on related litigation.
• Administer wage and salary policies while ensuring competitive rates of pay and competitive benefits. Conduct benchmarking to ensure competitiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must possess deep knowledge of recruiting, including using social networking and other tools to increase targeted applicant flow.
• Knowledge of laws governing employment.
• Must possess skills in regards to facilitation, conflict management, counseling/coaching, recruitment and interviewing, compensation, training, safety, problem solving and personnel administration.
• Must possess Talent Management skills.
• Must possess excellent persuasion and leadership skills in order to gain consensus regarding organizational strategy and policy that will inevitably involve continuous change and improvement.
• Prior experience in organizations committed to the principles of continuous improvement.
• Experience implementing employee empowerment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources/labor relations or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in business, human resources/labor relations or related field a plus.
• Minimum of seven years of progressive HR experience preferably with a multi-national company in an HR role required.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 63,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.3 billion of revenue from five reporting segments:
Test & Measurement
Life Sciences & Diagnostics
. For more information please visit our website:
North America-United States-VA-Radford