Pentair’s Valves & Controls business
is a leading manufacturer and marketer of valves, actuators, and controls solutions, providing products, services and innovation for the most challenging applications throughout the energy and process industries. Whether our customers operate in the oil and gas, power, chemical and pharmaceutical, mining, marine, or food and beverage markets, we endeavor to deliver the highest quality products and value-added services that improve our customers' business efficiency.
Strong Human Resources Manager to support functional staff at Clay Rd location as well as at distribution and service locations across the US. Provide strong HR support to sales, customer service, technical service, and staff functions. Role based at our Clay Rd headquarters with travel to service and distribution locations as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR support to finance, IT, HR, sales, service, distribution, and customer service
- Handle employee relations across all client groups; help resolve work-related problems; conduct investigations; coach business partners; make recommendations and take actions that address root cause of issues
- Develop and deliver training for supported groups
- Assist with development and delivery of orientation and onboarding programs
- Participate in the selection process and compensation decisions for key roles
- Provide interpretation of relavent policies and procedures; guide management on handling sensitive performance management and other employee relations matters
- Support key projects and implmentation of best-in-class demonstrated human resources practices in conjunction with global HR leaders and HR centers of excellence
- Work with human resources leader to implement human resources initiatives to ensure an engaged and committed workforce and a respectful and productive workplace environment
- Supervise one to two other HR employees
- Other projects and duties as assigned by HR Leader
Job Requirements & Skills
- Undergraduate degree required. Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- 7+ years progressive HR experience required with experience in a manufacturing, distribution or service setting. Experience working for a global, multi-site organization preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and detail orientation required
- Demonstrated experience in ability in talent selection, training and large scale roll-outs
- Ability to supervise and develop direct reports
- Ability to interface effectively with employees, managers and external customers
- Strong customer service orientation required with a focus of driving for results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate change and influence employees and managers effectively
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in interpreting and applying policies to problems; maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of relevant Employment Laws including but not limited to: EEO, HIPAA, COBRA, etc.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration...