The Human Resource Manager is accountable for managing all Human Resource functions within the company, including: implementing HR operational strategies; analyzing business information and leading HR and business project initiatives; proactively engaging in employee relations issues, managing candidate selection and employee development activities; and managing programs, policies and procedures in support of our business culture.
People or Process Management Responsibility : None
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Partners with executive-level staff throughout the organization to get input on HR decisions and ensures the delivery of high-quality HR processes.
- Translates the vision, mission, and strategy into projects and initiatives with milestones and delivery schedules.
- Evaluates potential issues or service needs and formulates strategic responses.
- Develops and implements distribution center recruiting and staffing strategies including advertisement, interviewing, and orientation.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy and develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR professional serving all employees and the organization.
- Mediates difficult employee relations and/or other interactions as a neutral party.
- Designs, develops, and implements distribution center training and development programs including safety, management,supervisory, and value-added training.
- Leads talent management, employee development, and succession planning initiatives.
- Communicates benefit-related changes and assists distribution center employees with questions regarding benefits.
- Designs, revises, and communicates distribution center personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures distribution center complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing employment.
- Coordinates, manages, and measures distribution center safety program including training, compliance, policy development, and workers’ compensation.
- Designs and maintains the distribution center’s affirmative action plan by conducting statistical analysis and documenting progress in the AAP.
- Measures distribution center performance in the areas of human resources and safety and presents information?to corporate management and customers.
- Manages the distribution center employee’s performance evaluation and career development process.
- Assists distribution center leadership team with budget formulation and management.
- Designs programs and policies to cultivate a strong customer service culture in the HR function
- Provides value-added services including strategic management, leadership development, and project management.
- May be assigned as a subject-matter expert on one or more human resource disciplines for the company.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of recent HR generalist experience, with strong leadership and hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations,Staffing, Talent Management, Performance Management, and Regulatory Compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/HRM
- Must be available for occasional travel to provide extended on-site support of other Reyes Holdings operations
- Must have desire to grow with the company and develop readiness to relocate to other Reyes Holdings operations as need and opportunities arise.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Track record of developing successful client relationships/business partnerships
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive process to successful implementation
- Strong experience working the "soft side" of HR including effective employee /management communications and developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open communication at all levels
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and create improved efficiency
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion
- Track record of success working at a fast pace
- Effective communication, writing and grammar skills, paying great attention to detail
- Proficient with HRIS and MS Office programs and familiarity with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. ?Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service; overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resource department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug Free Workplace