The Human Resources Manager utilizes solid business acumen to assertively partner with the facility’s management team regarding HR, EHS and general management topics. He/she leads a staff responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service to the 400 associates working in the non-union, +150,000 sq. ft.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
Ensures compliance with all state, federal and industry safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Leads Performance Review, Employee Development and Succession Planning efforts for facility.
- Leads positive employee relations efforts within facility.
- Administers facility level salary and hourly compensation plans.
- Manages staffing and on-boarding processes for hourly and salary (managers, professionals and technicians) positions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and facility level policies.
- Educates associates about benefit programs and processes and implements employee self service concepts.
- Facilitates resolution of benefit issues.
- Communicates benefits, policy and other HR related changes.
- Trains and coaches management/supervisory staff in interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, counseling, diversity, discipline and regulatory compliance.
- Participates with HR Team and others on corporate level projects.
- Manages and reports required HR business metrics (diversity, area labor market info, etc.).
- Utilizes knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws to handle legal or governmental proceedings.
- Maintains accurate information in electronic and paper employee records.
- Conducts wage and employment surveys within area labor market to monitor competitive wage rates and hiring trends.
- Actively engages in strategic planning and objective setting at facility and corporate levels.
- Leads resolution of employee relations’ issues and conducts investigations as necessary.
- Leads safety staff, whose focus areas include, accident prevention and regulatory compliance(PPE, LOTO, Machine Guarding).
- Ensures a proper investigation is conducted and measures taken should a work-place accident occur.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Solid understanding and demonstrated ability to interpret and apply State and Federal Law to personnel decisions.
- Ability to develop department to become value added, strategic partner to the facility management team.
- Thorough understanding of due process and just cause concepts as applied in an industrial setting.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends and variations.
- Ability to communicate effectively through presentations and in written reports to diverse client groups.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional organization or team.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently, proactively and with little supervision.
- Ability to manage projects and deliver results on time and that meet the expectations of the internal or external customers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, timekeeping and HRIS systems.
Simonton Windows is an equal opportunity employer.
- 6 + years of progressive Human Resources leadership experience, some of which preferably occurred in a non-union manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in Human Resources or Business Management or related discipline.
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows - 11 months ago