Responsible for providing professional-level human resource support to a business unit location in the areas of staffing and recruiting; talent development; performance management; succession planning; strategic planning; and other duties assigned. Role consists of a combination of analytical, strategic and administrative responsibilities. Incumbent will be an active member of the location's management team focused on cultural health, driving accountability on initiatives, identification and implementation of HR best practices consistent with Corporate practices. Incumbent is expected to develop relationships with internal and external customers and advance the understanding and commitment to the WI Philosophy.
- Partner with business leaders to drive the development of managers and employees in a variety of human resources areas including performance management, compensation, employee/team development, strategic human resources planning, employee relations, training, staffing and selection, HR policies and practices, organizational structure, culture, conflict resolution, talent management, and other issues that may impact the work environment.
- Perform recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions. Aid in the development of new strategies and programs to attract candidates. Work closely with hiring managers to provide assistance on critical needs and coordinate candidate searches. Development of selection criteria, selection process, interviewing guides, etc. Review and plan for manpower/headcount.
- Expected to learn and understand the business to a level that enables incumbent to offer recommendations for continued improvement and earnings growth. Active participant in Transformational activities such as weekly meetings, communication pieces and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Driver of employee performance management at all levels. Ensures quality evaluations are developed and communicated to employees in a timely fashion. Coach managers through the merit review process to ensure proper differentiation of strong performers.
- Provide guidance, coaching and direction for a variety of HR and employee related activities such as EEO, FMLA, salary plan and Open Door issues. Facilitate investigations and resolution of ongoing employee problems, complaints. Anticipate problems whenever possible and develop, recommend and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Assist in the identification and development planning for high potential employees and drive the succession planning process.
- Active contributor to business performance management processes at the location(s) related to HR metrics and other general support
- Responsible for local HR compliance (required DOL postings, filing requirements, etc.)
- Serve as an advocate for employees and managers consistent with the WI Philosophy
- Driver of the employee council program at the location
- Responsible for facilitation of Worthington Industries Cultural Health Survey (WICHS) process at the location and driving accountability of progress on action items
- Assist/facilitate management development (HPO) training
- Active steward of the WI Philosophy and driver of continued commitment to the principles of our organization
- Manages annual open enrollment workshops and educates employees on the benefit programs offered by WI and the philosophy behind the level of benefits offered
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll process for the location
- Assist in driving safe and healthy operations and administer the workers compensation program at a location.
- Responsible for customer safety compliance program
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management
- Excellent verbal, written, computer (MS Office, HRIS), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of federal and multi-state regulations and labor laws
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in HR oversight
- PHR or SPHR
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...