Provide HR consultation and support to Field Operations and Sales Management in the Northeast Div. based in Akron, Ohio area reporting the Director Field Human Resources.
Use knowledge of various HR functions, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations to provide tactical HR support to line managers in both union and non-union employee environments.
Consult with business unit management as a Business Partner in the strategic planning process and development of HR strategies that support the unit ’ s business needs.
Act as liaison to other HR functions (Compensation, Training, HRIS, Benefits, Payroll) to align Field personnel with company initiatives/policies.
Maintain familiarity with a variety of company concepts, initiatives, practices, and procedures.
Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Function as Subject Matter Expert on Employee Relations, EEO Compliance, Compensation application, Benefits Communication, Staffing, Recruiting, Employee Development, Employee Engagement and Succession Planning.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in related human resources discipline or equivalent education, HR certifications and work experience.
- Ability to act as an internal consultant in a fast paced environment, to influence change and to effectively work with management and employees at all levels. Must have demonstrated strong leadership skills in achieving results and strong project management and implementation skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills. Must be able to build relationships and keep an open and objective mind in a sometimes volatile employee relations environment.
- Significant HR experience: supporting a field organization with effective skills and competencies in employee relations, organization development, performance management, performance improvement, staffing, workforce planning, union avoidance, labor relations, diversity planning and implementation. Additional experience in EEO/AAP, compensation, leadership development, retention, recognition and communication strategies.
- Demonstrated organization, quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated capabilities in developing HR metrics related to the management of a field HR organization.
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC skills, especially in Word and Excel.
1. Master’s degree in HR or related discipline.
2. PHR or SPHR certification.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer
YRC Freight - 6 months ago