At long last, the American Queen is returning to America's waterways. Known as the largest steamboat in the world, the American Queen will travel the Mississippi River and its surrounding tributaries. Offering vacations filled with nostalgia, history, romance and adventure, visitors will delight aboard this truly remarkable steamboatin' experience.
The Great American Steamboat Company is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual for the position of HR Generalist. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following job duties (this list is not all inclusive but meant to be a preview of the expectations of this position).
Responsible for assisting with all facets of Human Resources including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits administration, staffing/recruitment, file/records maintenance and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – the following are essential functions of the job but are not all-inclusive.
• Basic office administration duties.
• Maintain employee personnel files in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Take messages, indicating the callers first and last name, company name if applicable, the time and the messae the caller wishes to leave.
• Meet and greet applicants in a professioanl manner.
• Provide basic information to callers who have general inquiries.
• Assist applicants with the online application process.
• Employment verifications.
• Position will be located in Memphis, TN office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience in Human Resources preferred.
Prior experience with Microsoft Computer applications.
Excellent written, verbal and mathematical skills required.
Ability to work in a team environment required, as well as ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or other related field, and/or equivalent experience preferred.
Great American Steamboat Company offers a comprehensive benefits package for eligible crewmembers and their dependents. Length of service, hours worked and other factors determine eligibility. Benefits include, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401 K and Educational Assistance.
American Queen Steamboat Company - 23 months ago