Success Starts Here
Lam Research develops semiconductor manufacturing solutions for the world’s leading chipmakers.
We make the tools that make the chips that power your world.
Our continuous improvements in the efficiency of the semiconductor manufacturing process have supported increased chip performance and reduced power consumption, driving the global boom in smartphones, tablets and computers. We have become a trusted partner with our customers by developing fast, flexible, reliable and repeatable solutions.
Now you can start your own success story—or build on it—by joining our team at Lam Research.
Come help us solve our customers’ toughest problems and help craft the tools for tomorrow's consumer electronics, today.
Work Location Fremont, California
The Lam Research Global HR (GHR) Operations team is looking for an experienced HR Operations leader to join our team. The Global HR Operations team is responsible for HRIS, HR shared services support, project management, process excellence, continuous improvement, HR policy management, and accountability processes.
This position will be responsible for leading GHR annual operating objective setting and accountability processes, Project Management capability, GHR process excellence, continuous improvement initiatives, GHR Policy management, and GHR budgeting. The candidate will be part of the HR Operations leadership team reporting to the Head of GHR Operations and HRIS.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize, have the ability to influence at all levels, with an internal client satisfaction mindset of continuous improvement.
This HR Operations Manager role is responsible to develop, manage, deploy and support the further development of HR as a global function with consistent processes, policies and practices, accountabilities and ownership. This is a leadership role that represents HR operationally in high level cross functional meetings to ensure HR is aligned and driving to the operational needs of the corporation.
· Oversee Global HR Annual Operating Planning process and management
o Works with HR leadership team to develop Annual plan for HR, ensuring the integration of goals setting and auditing of metrics and KPI’s and, as appropriate, integrating these goals with other Regions and Business Units
o Establishes and leads HR Operation Review process to track and manage to plan
o Identifies risk areas to meeting corporate commitments and advises HR leadership team
o Create, manage, and publish calendar for HR related annual events & high level projects
· Drive effective and efficient business processes and tools to ensure consistent and reliable business results
o Performs analysis on HR project management delivery to identify issues, recommend solutions, and oversee implementation of solutions
o Identifies, re-engineers and implements strategic HR policy/procedural changes to achieve operational excellence, globally
o Provide operational tools to HR organization to optimize team effectiveness and efficiency
· Operational leadership within HR community and Corporate Lam
o Participate actively as HR operations representative in cross functional steering committees and project teams
o Implement and manage HR Business Continuity Plan to ensure organizational readiness in event of emergency or service disruption
· Manage Global Human Resources’ financial planning and spend
o Responsible for oversight of HR financial internal controls globally
o Deliver financial budget and planning in support of corporate financial planning cycles
o Identify budget inefficiencies and recommends solutions to HR leadership
o Ensure GHR adherence to corporate compliance through collaboration with financial controllers and performing quarterly control audits
· This person will manage enterprise HR project managers and may be assigned to manage large projects and programs for the human resources function.
Job Specific Knowledge
· Experience of running a shared services operation delivering HR processes effectively and efficiently that are aligned to HR and business strategy.
· The skills to analyze and interpret HR business processes and identify additional service offering opportunities through the use of business case and project management methodology
· An understanding of HR information systems to streamline processes and achieve deliverables through the use of Shared Services Centre technology, e.g. Business Process Management Systems, Telephony, Case Management, Customer Relationship Management System, Document Management System, HR, Payroll, Knowledgebase, etc.
· Experience in ensuring there is a positive internal and external working relationship within the HR Operations team and with external customers by frequently communicating and soliciting feedback with both parties and by measuring customer satisfaction.
· Experience project managing HR projects or programs (business requirements gathering, time-management/milestone achievement, budget management, development and delivery of communication and change management, interdependencies/matrix management).
· Experience of managing contracts with external service providers including negotiating contracts, setting service level agreements and monitoring supplier performance.
· The drive to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise constantly researches and uses best practices of similar and successful companies as benchmarks.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including e xecutive level presentation skills with the ability to represent Global HR on cross functional projects and make recommendations to key executives.
· Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and changing priorities with little direct supervision
· Proficient in the use of SAP, SuccessFactors, BrassRing, Manager Direct Access (MDA), and other similar HRIS tools. Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
Lam Research – a company where successful people want to work
Education and Qualifications
- B.S. level degree, or equivalent, in related field. MBA or equivalent level degree preferred
- 10+ years of HR Generalist or HRBP experience.
- 3+ years of direct project/program management experience preferred
- 3+ years experience managing employees
- Must have experience with HRIS implementations and HRIS functional management
- Must have budget management experience
- Experience working in HR Operations Shared Service model highly desired
- Experience with lean or other process improvement methodologies highly desired
- The ideal candidate has experience working with a global workforce and in High Technology industry.
- Occasional travel may be required (domestic and international)
Lam Research - 21 months ago
Lam Research Corporation is a major supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the worldwide semiconductor industry, where we...