I. Job Summary:
This is a part time position.
The Records Center Associate is responsible for compiling files, maintaining personnel records, and filing employment records according to the filing system used. The Records Center Associate files and retrieves employee records, distributes incoming faxes, mail, and reports and prepares files for archiving. This position has physical requirements such as standing for extended periods of time, using step ladders, and lifting heavy files. Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information is essential.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Maintain paper and/or electronic employee personnel records, including:
• Filing personnel folders
• Updating personnel folders with official documentation
• Retrieve personnel records as requested
• Prepare reports for external distribution
• Distribute mail, faxes
• Prepare files for archiving
III. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Notify appropriate team members when issues are resolved
• Issue-resolution above and beyond regular functions listed above
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• Provide assistance to other areas of Payroll as needed
• Must possess attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
• General keyboarding skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products preferred
The Records Associate will be faced with identifying the appropriate location of files as we transition from paper to electronic filing. Instead of files being in a single location, Associates will need to check paper and electronic files. The most demanding aspect of this role is the physical demand as using step ladders, stooping, bending and lifting files are requirements for this position.
The Records Associate requires minimal supervision as the associate works in secure room to maintain confidentiality of files. Typical questions surround clarification of process.
• 0-2 years in an customer service or light industrial environment
• 0-2 years data entry experience
• 1-2 years working with Word and Outlook.
• Ability to stand, bend and/or climb for up to 4 hours
• High school diploma
• Previous experience in a position requiring high degree of accuracy, attention to detail
• Previous experience working independently and as part of a team
• Previous experience working with highly confidential information
Lowe's - 20 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...