POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Recruiter / Staffing Specialist --
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: December, 2004
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager/Business Partner
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Recruiter will be responsible for the recruitment and selection functions to attract top talents in the early childhood education field.
• Work with managers in identifying, assessing and analyzing staffing needs.
• Develop regional staffing plans in partnership with the business and HR business partners in the region.
• Implement process, procedures and systems to track open positions.
• Develop sourcing strategies and a robust applicant pool for the region.
• Identify and implement cost-effective sourcing avenues and methods to attract an on-going talent pool.
• Participate in developing materials and collaterals to promote the organization and attract talents.
Selection & Interviewing
• Plan and execute recruitment and selection activities including ‘Meet and Greet’, Job Fairs, Community Relations/Outreach and College Recruitment.
• Partner with supervisors and managers in the interviewing and selection processes.
• Track hiring and selection results.
• Develop and implement training programs to build skill-set in recruitment and selection.
• Track the effectiveness of the recruitment function and the quality of new hires.
• Produce regular reports on various aspects of recruitment activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in HR management, business, social sciences or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in recruitment and staffing, preferably with some experience in the early education/human services field.
• 2-3 years of HR generalist experience preferred.
• Direct working knowledge of staff planning, recruitment, talent acquisition and the relevant laws and regulations.
• Good external network with the recruitment field such as advertising sources or colleges.
• Good understanding and hands-on knowledge of great workplace practices.
• Good business acumen and be able to establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels of the organization.
• High energy, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission, goals and values of CDI and HR.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional ability to plan, prioritize and organize high volume function.
• Travel up to 20% of time within the region.
Develops strategies, plans and programs in line with mission and values.
Communicates a consistent sense of vision, direction and purpose.
Aligns and mobilizes team toward achievement of strategies and goals.
Inspires and empowers others by using appropriate leadership styles and methods.
Leads by example, personally role models positive values, behaviors and work practices.
Sets clear stands and expectations.
Able to verbalize the mission, vision and values of CDI
Understands how the mission, vision and values are related to the immediate work team
Communicates the CDI mission, vision and values to internal staff and external parties
Understands the standards and expectations related to the team
Identifies business opportunities for change at team, region or agency-wide level
Creates and execute change management plans
Acts as a sponsor of change programs and engages people in the change process
Uses personal influence to gain buy-in and support to change programs
Determines support and resources necessary for the change programs
Evaluates change initiative and develop plans in response to the outcome.
Communicates the need for change and the components and benefits of the change programs
Involves the individuals affected by change in the planning and implementation process
Develops tactical change plans in relation to the team
Promotes an environment conducive to change.
Partners with management to identify, recruit and qualify CDI’s top talent on a national/regional basis.
Employs specific targeted lead generation tools for identifying functional talent at all levels of the organization.
Maintains a complete understanding and functional usage of cutting edge interviewing techniques.
Continuously maintains an accurate record of all process transactions related to a specific candidate(s).
Prepares accurate reports for operational analysis as part of the recruitments function value proposition.
Provides strategic plans to clients for process and outcome as part of a hiring initiative.
Possesses a clear understanding of organizational structure, as well as personnel policy and federal and state laws regarding employment practices Develops talent profiles and hiring standards
Participates in developing processes and systems to hire for the best
Provides coaching, training and development to allow staff to maximize their capabilities
Serves as a technical specialist in sourcing, recruiting and identifying qualified applicants across all functional areas. Targets candidates and cold calls recruit individuals at all levels
Composes clear and concise written messages and reports.
Uses appropriate visual diagrams to help clarify information.
Articulates clear and concise messages.
Listens, understands, and responds to ideas of others.
Demonstrates a good grasp of vocabulary and grammar, and uses language that adds impact to messages.
Modifies communication style for an audience by using appropriate media and language.
Role models open, honest, constructive and positive communication behaviors.
Conveys information, thoughts and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience
Prepares verbal/written communication or reports on a complex subject
Uses logic and persuasion to address emotions or negative reactions to messages
Varies style of communication –formal, informal, casual—to fit the situation and communication objectives
Provides guidance and coaching to others to improve verbal, written, presentation and listening skills.
Shares information within own team and across teams as necessary.
Proactively seeks opportunities for individuals to collaborate in the achievement of center, regional or corporate goals.
Encourages and participates in collective problem solving
Proactively communicates and shares knowledge, information and resources within team and other parts of the organization.
Promotes team spirits and cooperation.
Respects and values the differences in others.
Rewards and recognizes team achievements.
Takes accountability for team activities and team results
Demonstrates a willingness to put team needs before those of self.
Shares information and best practices to optimize work results.
Communicates and clarifies objectives to achieve team goals.
Actively participates in team decisions.
Leverages the strengths of the team members in team assignments and roles to achieve highest performance level.
Shares resources with other teams/functions based on organizational priorities
Influencing and Negotiation
Aligns proposed ideas and solutions to the needs of the audience.
Assesses situations and plans strategically for reactions.
Adjusts style to fit the situation.
Maintains confidence and presence in the communication.
Alters opinions and perspectives of the other party.
Focuses on finding mutually beneficial solutions which addresses mutual needs and goals. Uses a number of different arguments or points in pursuing an idea or proposition
Identifies others’needs and personal styles, and understands own ultimate objective and bottom line
Considers the positions of all parties to appeal to their interests
Conveys benefits and values to the other party.
Responds to disagreements or resistance with facts, logic and reason
Alters the actions/outcomes of objectives affecting a wider group of people—staff, customers, external parties
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Analyzes the cause and effects objectively;
Isolates symptoms from causes;
Applies logical and critical reasoning;
Develops creative solutions to issues and problems; Implements best resolutions for the situation. Looks at the issue or problem from all angles
Absorbs and uses new information quickly
Identifies and separates the causes from the symptoms
Recognizes several likely causes of events and/or consequences of actions
Develops effective solutions on new problems/situations
Supports solutions or decisions with logic and reasoning
Child Development Centers - 16 months ago