Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong portfolio of brands such as
. With over 35 years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the industry.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative
. This key position will be based in our corporate headquarters in Northridge, CA (SoCal).
Responsible for providing basic support in a full range of HR functional areas including employee relations, recruiting, AA/EEO compliance, on-boarding and implementing HR initiatives.
- Coaches Supervisors on basic employee related issues such as misconduct utilizing company policies, procedures, and recommends appropriate actions ensuring consistency with past practices and applicable laws, standards, and government regulations
- Interprets company policies and supports business units in understanding the application to their day-to-day roles as leaders
- Recommends course of action and reviews documentation in support of performance issues. (i.e., corrective action documentation) and level of discipline with day-to-day basic employee relations issues
Conducts basic investigations to ensure fair and consistent treatment of employees based on past practice for similar issues.
- Conduct new hire orientation and coordinate the on-boarding process for newly hired employees; review paperwork with all new hires; suggest and implement changes where appropriate
- Conducts Exit Interviews and reports results to Human Resources Manager
- Assist with the facilitation of training and developing employees with system changes and other HR related areas as required
- Provides basic information regarding health insurance plans, including medical, dental, prescriptions, vision, and short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Supports full-cycle recruiting efforts:
- Establishes business partnerships with Supervisors/Managers to attract, select, and retain the highest level employee-base necessary to successfully contribute to Pharmavite's results.
- Recruits qualified candidates, reviews applications/resumes, and interviews to match applicants with specific job requirements for all positions in respective facilities
- Partners with Supervisors/Managers to ensure the identification and development of internal resources for promotion to support Pharmavite's growth in the future.
- Tracks and manages regular and temporary requisitions; works closely with Managers to ensure integrity/accuracy of data.
- Plan/coordinate employee events and various projects as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
None. PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on employee relations.
- This position may work in a corporate, manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Will have a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State and general regulatory requirements.
- The ability to set expectations for employee behavior and act as a cultural role model for the organization. Capable of providing accurate and candid feedback and effectively coaching and influencing employees and managers
- Excellent skills building and maintaining internal/external relationships.
- Strong analytical, planning skills and strategic thinking required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding and ability to interpret and apply Federal/State employment laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and in the use of e-mail applications.
- Familiarity and proficiency in the utilization of HRIS tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Pharmavite LLC - 16 months ago