POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, recruitment, payroll, benefits administration, compensation, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Responsible for labor relations and developing positive employee relations
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Administers hourly compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Responsible for recruitment, including interviewing, testing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment and advises management in appropriate resolution these issues.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of general state and federal employment compliance requirements;
- Completes and/or assures that affirmative action and EEO surveys are completed as required.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database; updates and maintains company organization charts and employee directory
- Payroll processing
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Human Resources or related field
- PHR certification is preferred
- Must have 5+ years of proven experience in Human Resources
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in positive employee relations, recruitment, policy development, and overall knowledge of employment law
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must possess excellent keyboarding/ computer skills and be proficient in MS Word & Excel.