National Instruments is seeking a friendly, experienced administrative coordinator for its HR Recruiting team. This position requires strong skills in customer service, communication, prioritization, time management, and the ability to drive projects and execution of assigned tasks by required deadlines. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
University Recruiting Coordination
• Collaborate with NI campus recruiters to determine events and recruiting/branding strategies at approximately 35 universities
• Coordinate logistics for recruiting events at the universities, including, but not limited to, registering for campus events, reserving meeting rooms, arranging catering, and posting jobs on the campus website
• Prepare marketing materials and other collateral for campus events
• Assist in preparing training content for campus recruiters
• Serve as the main liaison between the university Career Services Office and National Instruments
• Assist in packing and shipping materials for events when needed
• Coordinate other miscellaneous university-related events at NI
HR Recruiting Team General Support
• Support activities and events for NI's Intern/Coop program and related seasonal events
• Back-up HR staff who coordinate logistics for New Employee Orientation
• Order recruiting supplies and promotional materials
• Contribute to efforts to continuously improve team and HR department processes
Skills and Talents Required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships and work successfully on cross-functional teams
• Effective and positive customer service skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and by phone, email, and other written methods
• Strong planning skills – ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with seasonal workload peaks
• Honesty and integrity critical for HR work environment
• Prior administrative support experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Minimum two years experience working in an office environment with one year experience planning, coordinating, and executing meetings and small-scale events
• Work schedule and Physical Requirements
o Available for occasional flexible work shift (other than 8 am to 5 pm)
o Available to work paid overtime hours as needed to meet work demands, particularly during peak recruiting months (August - October and January - March annually)
o Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (supplies, boxes, equipment), ability to push cart loaded with about 100 lbs, ability to push/pull wheeled booth containers weighing about 65-70 lbs
• This is a non-exempt position (paid hourly rate)
• NI will not provide relocation for this position
• Note: NI does not petition for H-1B (H-1B transfer), TN or other work visa status for this position
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 14 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments - 20 months ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...