For more than 20 years America's leading colleges and universities have partnered with Royall & Company to achieve their most important student recruitment and fundraising goals. Home to roughly 300 high-energy, problem-solving professionals, Royall & Company is a fast-growing, full-service direct marketing organization 100% committed to being the valued "Richmond branch office" for each and every one of our partner institutions. If you want to join a market leader where your professional growth potential is only limited by your ability to generate outstanding partner outcomes, then Royall & Company is the place for you!
The HR Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining HR systems, databases and employee records, as well as planning employee events and providing support to other areas within HR.
Essential Functions :
• Administer the Company’s HR information system.
• Administer the Company's talent acquisition/recruiting system and resume database.
• Maintain all employee documents and personnel records.
• Develop and generate standard and ad hoc reports from these systems and databases.
• Plan and execute HR-sponsored employee events.
• Respond to requests for employment verification for current and former employees.
• Request and filter results from background checks performed on applicants.
• Be responsible for 1) responding to unemployment claims, 2) reporting and follow-up on workman’s compensation claims
• Create offer letters and employee agreements, and once employment dates are established, notify appropriate parties.
• Provide administrative support and assistance to other areas within HR as needed.
• Work closely with the Director of HR to support the goal of providing outstanding HR services.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Minimum of 3 years of human resource experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to learn to exploit new software systems and tools.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Able to multi-task.
• A self-starter.
• Understanding of the basics of employment law.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.