HR Benefits Associate
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Performs and coordinates administrative activities regarding workers' compensation and other benefit programs within the human resource department according to the company mission, culture, service philosophy, which meet the goals and objectives set forth by the Board, Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council.
- Administers workers’ compensation program. Work with insurance carriers, state agencies and employees to reduce all claims including lost time claims.
- Administers our return to work program. Ensures the appropriate paperwork is submitted for all claims.
- Coordinates with payroll regarding all workers’ compensation audits and lost time claims. Stays up-to-date on workers’ compensation laws for all states in which Border States is located.
- Coordinates with safety department to ensure review of incident investigation paperwork and job safety analysis investigations are completed for work related accidents or injuries involving employees or any health hazards.
- Assists with preparing the appropriate records for use in insurance investigations, hearings, and legal matters as needed. Assists with compiling and submitting accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Completes, maintains and ensures posting of the required OSHA log reports for all locations. Completes required reporting for Bureau of Labor Statistics and respond to all safety related inquiries.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure effective communication continues with all employee-owners regarding our entire benefit package including workers' compensation, wellness and employee assistance program. Assists with the administration of our benefit package along with processing the appropriate paperwork for enrollment in our plans, changes to our benefit package, and communication of our plans.
- Provides support to employees by answering or obtaining answers to questions regarding our benefits plans.
- Assists with ongoing and annual benefit enrollment for BSE employees.
- Assists with the administration of family and medical leaves, short-term disability, long-term disability and any other leave of absences. Ensures accuracy of personal leave balances.
- Assists with processing necessary paperwork for all employees who leave employment and answers questions regarding their benefit package and payroll. Orders COBRA paperwork, coordinates the exit interview process and ensures all paperwork is electronically stored.
- Coordinates activities regarding our length of service award program and retirement recognition program.
- Assists with the unemployment process by providing documentation, completing claims, and providing representation at unemployment hearings, as needed. Provides back-up to ensure all pre-employment testing is completed, including drug testing, background checks, physical assessments and motor vehicle record checks.
- Stays up-to-date on all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding benefits and makes recommendations for appropriate changes, as needed. Ensures up-to-date information is located on The Source and the department’s shared drive for all employees to access.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with all employees. Acts as a liaison between employees and management, as needed.
- Ensures employee information is properly filed and retained. Maintains confidentiality of the department’s information and records.
- Provides assistance as needed for various projects within the department. Assists with supporting our employee-owners by answering general questions.
- Utilizes the appropriate available technology to create an environment of accuracy and efficiency while always looking for ways to improve the efficiency of the human resource department.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, fill out our application form.
- Minimum of a two year accounting, business or human resource degree preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Minimum of one year prior work experience with administration of workers’ compensation and employee benefits preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan, organize, and use independent judgment to resolve human resources, benefits including workers compensation, payroll and other related issues.
- Prefer ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...