Analyzes day to day information needs for various human resource functions. Researches, analyzes, designs, and maintains Human Resource s Information Systems (HRIS) computer applications in support of daily operations and projects Designs and generates standard and/or custom reports from the human resource information system (HRIS). Maintains the integrity of data in HRIS. Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified HRIS modules. Participates in various projects involving HRIS that may include project management on behalf of HRIS. Seeks ways to improve current processes in HRIS. Trains HRIS users in the proper application of codes and other data entry/reporting convention. Maintains close communications with the Information Technology department, particularly during system or process changes. Analyzes existing systems and applications and recommends modifications to enhance efficiency and achievement of service standards.
1. Maintains integrity of position control system.
2. Provides first level support for end users and serves as the HRIS specialist.
3. Performs complex analysis assignments involving the development, installation and administration of human resource information systems (HRIS).
4. Identifies reports, diagnoses, and analyzes problems and issues with HRIS. Maintains the integrity and implementation of HRIS applications.
5. Assists in researching and implementing other HRIS modules to meet HR needs.
6. Develops and produces custom and/or standard reports for HR related purposes and maintains timely and accurate reports as needed.
7. Acts as a liaison between Human Resource s and the Information Technology department.
8. Provides HRIS training to end-users to ensure successful generation of reports and queries.
9. Consults with staff to design and document business processes, work flow, output and data retention requirements.
10. Audits, troubleshoots and resolves HRIS-related errors.
11. Serves as point of contact for organizational structure changes. Monitors impacts on HRIS , audits and ensures changes are completed in the system.
12. Point of contact and/or subject matter expert for internal and external auditors, relative to HR system and regulatory compliance.
13. Assists with project feasibility studies and business case development; links operational initiatives to appropriate management tools, solutions and capabilities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
· Possesses a working knowledge of HR functions
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Associates degree in information sciences, or related field and ten years experience in a HRIS role or, Bachelors degree in information sciences, human resources or related field and five years experience in a HRIS role.
· Previous experience with and knowledge of HRIS applications
· Must have advanced personal computer skills
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...