Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States. We're listed on the S&P 500 and located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, and legal. You will be part of our 13 person-distributed HR team located in Columbia Falls, Montana, Atlanta, Georgia and Seattle, Washington. Our team is driven and passionate about supporting our business partners to achieve their strategic objectives.
Our HR Department in Montana is located in a truly beautiful place where the highest structures are still trees and wildlife that outnumbers the residents. We're located in the Flathead Valley, which stretches 60 square miles and features numerous lakes, wild and scenic rivers and adjacent peaks of Glacier National Park, and amazing powder days up at Whitefish Mountain Resort or Blacktail Ski Resort. You'll be able to build a rewarding and successful career with Plum Creek, while enjoying the low-key atmosphere of Montana that tends to make life in our tight-knit communities a happy and warm place to live and visit.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and technologies that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life and between cutting edge and proven technology.
As the HRIS Analyst you report to the Director, Human Resources and will be part of a Human Resources team located in Columbia Falls, Montana. You will be responsible for implementing, supporting and maintaining the Core HR systems including the HRIS (Lawson), Talent Acquisition and Onboarding (Virtual Edge/ADP), and Talent Management (SuccessFactors), making sure data integrity is maintained between multiple systems.
You will also be responsible for:
- Communicating and collaborating with HR staff to proactively identify, analyze and resolve HRIS issues.
- Working with HR staff to provide guidance on business processes and developing process improvements and innovative solutions to create efficiencies and automate tasks.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on existing system capabilities and potential system changes; providing maintenance and upgrades to system functionality while recommending best practices.
- Reviewing system security requests/authorizations; and regularly tests and audits user security to ensure appropriate access.
- Gathering business requirements, creating detailed functional specifications and working with the team to implement any design changes.
- Developing end-user supporting documentation (i.e. Quick reference guides and Standard operating procedures) for use by HR staff.
- Championing effective use of the system with HR staff and end-users.
- Supporting the SuccessFactors Performance Management, Goals Management, Succession Management, and Career Development modules including troubleshooting issues, designing solutions for issues, and opening and managing cases with SuccessFactors.
- Developing and executing testing plans for any system changes or enhancements with documented outcomes.
- Ensuring data integrity in the HRIS and addressing any issues with HR users.
- Executing project timelines and communicating progress updates to senior management.
- Working in collaboration and partnership with the HR and IT teams.
- Writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Developing standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Running queries and analyzing data to maintain data integrity in systems.
- Maintaining awareness of current trends in HRIS management, increasing both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge and participating in user group meetings/conferences.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Information Systems or related area.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written to provide the appropriate level of production support, communicating issues and experience in design and writing ad hoc reports, and conducting preliminary analysis of data.
- Ability to show professional judgment, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive, confidential information.
- Ability to create accurate, validated reporting for business decision making.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations with great attention to details.
- Self-starter with exceptional ability to identify and solve problems with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated strong project management and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience of analyzing and understanding database data and tables.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience working with ERP, HRIS, or Talent Management applications providing HR administration support (SuccessFactors/Lawson HRIS preferred).
- One to two years of project management experience of small to medium sized projects.
- Systems implementation experience.
- Advanced skill level using query tools and developing reports.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Must be knowledgeable of MS Office tools including advanced proficiency with MS Excel, using pivot tables, charts, graphs, and merging data with other reports, Word and PowerPoint.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people -- the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is competitive for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Health care coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, and more.
Paid relocation may be available.
For more information and to apply, please visit our Career Center at: http://www.plumcreek.com/
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: $57,100 - $75,700 + 5% Bonus potential
Plum Creek - 13 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.7 million acres and over 40 offices from coast-to-coast. We...