Headquartered in Boston’s historic Fanueil Hall, WinnCompanies is a visionary national real estate company dedicated to the highest standards of excellence. Through its companies, WinnDevelopment, WinnResidential and WinnMilitary housing, Winn develops, acquires and manages multifamily, affordable, senior, mixed-income, market rate, as well as commercial properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnDevelopment has since acquired and developed real estate holdings valued in excess of $2.0 billion. The company’s portfolio includes more than 90,000 residences across 23 states, and it has converted more than five million square feet of property into prime commercial space. WinnCompanies’ work is defined by a commitment to innovative financing and the highest standards of professionalism.
We are seeking an experienced HRIS Manager to work with the human resources, payroll, finance, IT and operations teams to help implement Winn’s new HRIS [SaaS] System, which will be purchased in November 2013. As the primary systems expert on the team, the HRIS Manager will lead the project, and work with staff to help define and document new processes for human resources and payroll transactions, and then work with the vendor to ensure the new system is implemented in keeping with business requirements. The HRIS Manager will also work with human resources, payroll and operations staff to assist in defining reporting and analysis needs, and be a key player responsible for ensuring the consistent and effective delivery of human capital analytics after the system is implemented.
After the initial system implementation, the HRIS Manager will work to help enhance Winn’s maximization of the application, be the primary contact with the vendor regarding any system administration and technical issues, and work with HR leadership to ensure appropriate levels of user adoption, the on-going delivery of robust human capital analytics and the achievement of efficient payroll and human capital processes.
This is an HRIS position. However, candidates with benefits and/or compensation background and experience, in addition to HRIS experience, are highly desired.
Key responsibilities include:
Education and Requirements:
- After system purchase, manages the roll-out, implementation and user-adoption of Winn’s new HRIS.
- Evaluates HRIS functionality and recommends solutions that meet business needs, and help streamline human resources and payroll business processes.
- Works with human resources, payroll and finance staff to design work processes that maximize system capabilities and internal efficiencies. After initial implementation, makes recommendations for process improvements/revisions based on new system functionality. Acts as a supportive change agent with the goal of creating excellence in HR and payroll processes.
- Ensures data integrity by implementing adequate processes, audits and backup systems.
- Acts as the liaison with HRIS vendor and internal IT staff to ensure the effective integration of HRIS with finance and accounting system.
- Creates necessary system interfaces with third party vendors ensuring consistent and accurate data flow.
- Assists human resources staff in analysis of compensation, performance and other data related to various human resources’ programs.
- Works closely with vendor and training department staff to develop and deliver end-user training on new HRIS, and on-going training post initial implementation. Creates and documents user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- On-going maintenance of HRIS. Acts as system administrator. Oversees the rollout of new modules and functionality. Troubleshoots and resolves system performance issues by working with vendor and IT department.
- Works with staff as needed to create necessary customized reports, and ensures data integrity and accuracy of reports. Responsible for data integrity and production of regulatory reports.
- Key player in creating an HR metric dashboard and in ensuring on-going, accurate reporting of related data.
BA/BS with a minimum of 7-10 years related experience. The successful management of at least one new HRIS implementation in the recent past, strong knowledge of human resources and payroll system best practices, and experience redesigning human resources and/or payroll business processes with a collaborative approach is required. Strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills also needed. Experience with SaaS systems very strongly preferred. Experience building collaborative relationships with a geographically-dispersed user base also highly desirable. Formal project management education or certification and/or LEAN six-sigma process improvement experience a plus. Candidates who also have compensation and/or benefits background and experience in addition to HRIS system experience will receive strong preference.