CBS Corporation is a mass media company with constituent parts that reach back to the beginnings of the broadcast industry, as well as newer businesses that operate on the leading edge of the media industry.
The Company, through its many and varied operations, combines broad reach with well-positioned local businesses, all of which provide it with an extensive distribution network by which it serves audiences and advertisers in all 50 states and key international markets. It has operations in virtually every field of media and entertainment, including broadcast television (CBS and The CW a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), cable television (Showtime Networks, Smithsonian Networks and CBS Sports Network), local television (CBS Television Stations), television production and syndication (CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), radio (CBS Radio), advertising on out-of-home media (CBS Outdoor), publishing (Simon & Schuster), interactive media (CBS Interactive), music (CBS Records), licensing and merchandising (CBS Consumer Products), video/DVD (CBS Home Entertainment), motion pictures (CBS Films) and socially responsible media (EcoMedia).
The HRIS Data Center seeks a strong systems person who is both process oriented and possesses strong people skills. The department supports the HR community and multiple client groups. This person not only must know the ins and outs of the HRIS system and understand process/procedure but also interact effectively and timely with the end users.
This person will be the key expert resource for data entry, HR process control, data integrity/audit and a variety of HRIS special projects and systems developments at the corporate level.
If you’re currently in a HRIS Administrator or Coordinator role and want to take your career to the next level, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Audit: Audit employee data entered for accuracy and integrity. Run ad-hoc audit reports. Identify and document trends. Recommends business process improvements/data error avoidance to HRIS Director. Monitors HR information needs and designs new or modifies existing systems to meet changing requirements.
- Communications: Create and revise training documents. Train end users. Prepare and deliver process documentation and guidelines. Write communications for the company intranet site. Maintain HR electronic documents. Provide feedback to end-users to reduce errors/explain process.
- HRIS Helpdesk: Respond to questions and resolve issues from client to their satisfactory closure.
- Data Input: Process HR data transactions for small client group: new hire, rehire, status changes, transfers, promotions, salary adjustments, terminations, etc. Ensure proper authorizations and data standards are maintained. Support HRIS Coordinators with guidance and assistance during high volume periods.
- Projects: Responsible for ad-hoc projects, project planning, mass updates, testing and documentation. Partner with the HRIS and HRIT teams to support Oracle maintenance, reorganizations, new processes, and system implementation/upgrades.
- Customer Service: Act as liaison between employee clients, HR support staff, Payroll, HR Specialty Services, and HRIS team members. Build strong trusted working relationships with internal customers and management. Reply to inquires and relay process instructions clearly. Able to clearly describe technical issues to non-technical audience. Support HRIS Coordinators.
CBS Corporation and its business units are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. To find out more, please visit our website at www.cbscorporation.com.
- 3-4 years HRIS data input experience with knowledge of HR processes and transactions
- Intermediate user of MS Excel (pivot tables and formulas a must) and MS Word
- Experience with Oracle or another HCM (e.g.: SAP, Lawson, PeopleSoft, etc)
- Possess suburb follow-thru
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Able to take the initiative and yet know when to seek direction
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment with changing demands
- Able to manage time and workload effectively (includes planning, organizing and prioritizing)
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving and attention to detail
- Strong communications skills (both verbal and written) with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Professional preferred
CBS Corporation - 14 months ago
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1 wa...