The HRIS Specialist is responsible for all aspects of managing the Human Resource Information System, including payroll production and system maintenance and improvement. While the main priority and accountability is accurate payroll processing, the HRIS Specialist also manages projects around enhancing and adding to services managed within the HRIS, such as recruitment, benefits administration, and performance management. In addition, the Specialist manages all needed reporting from the system.
• Analyzes and prepares payroll data to produce an accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Troubleshoots payroll related issues and problems; determines how to accurately correct the situation and executes the solution to completion.
• Effectively manages the organization's Payroll & HRIS functions; has the autonomy to make independent decisions to resolve issues/problems and bring to closure.
• Audits the payroll process for anomalies; corrects any issues identified through this audit.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll related reports, including but not limited to: gross payroll, hours worked, benefit hour accruals, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
• Reviews and verifies incoming and outgoing payroll documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with established policies and procedures
• Submits bi-weekly payroll file to processing vendor; audits processed payroll file for accuracy and to detect any processing errors. Makes appropriate decisions to immediately correct any processing errors
• Manages the required year end payroll related functions; Manages the year end process with our payroll vendor and ensures that all year end documentation is accurately produced by the vendor, including W-2s, final tax filings, etc.
• Trains HR team members regarding the procedures for processing the organization's bi-weekly payroll.
• Responsible for designating appropriate back-up sources for payroll processing and related functions when out of the office for any extended period of time.
• Conducts biweekly tax reconciliation and manages all tax filings related to payroll
HRIS System Management
• Acts as primary contact for HRIS with outside organizations or other departments; responds to technical administrative questions and ensures necessary follow up.
• System Development: Operates in functional technical role with any HRIS implementations, upgrades or system patches. Partners directly with the IT Department regarding network systems issues relating to the HRIS system.
• Vendor Management: Manages the vendor relationship with HRIS vendor provider
• Data Management: Develop, update, and modify codes, tables, reports, and other system applications for standardization. Accountable for management and maintenance of the system security tree and position management. Administer and maintain security for users and user groups; that protects confidential employee data
• Process development and improvement: Solicit feedback and identify overall needs HRIS system end users to include timely and appropriate communications
• Operational & Functional System Support: Troubleshoots system related issues and problems; determines how to accurately correct the situation and executes the solution to completion.
• System and Process Documentation: Establish and maintain up-to-date functional departmental documentation, standard operating procedures, and maintain standard policies, procedures, and service protocols.
• Operates in a functional technical role with any HRIS implementations, upgrades or system patches
• Designs ad-hoc payroll/HRIS reports for use by the HR Executive and Finance Leaders; Analyses the reports for data integrity and initiates corrective action necessary to ensure data integrity;
• Writes and maintains the Payroll/HRIS Report Library within the company's HRIS. Responsible for developing various standard payroll reports to add the Report Library in response to customer needs.
• Responsible for all required reporting functions, including the annual EE0-1, VETS 100, W-2 preparation, etc.
• Maintains the organization's confidential payroll records; ensures that all required payroll records are accurately maintained for the legally required time frame; responsible for coordinating document destruction of all confidential information after the legal retention period has expired. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field
• 4-5 years of HRMS/ HR functional experience with prior payroll processing experience
• Demonstrated expertise in HR systems design and implementation; Ultipro experience a definite plus; report writing experience preferred; Cognos 8 a plus.
• Must be knowledgeable of standard business applications and a highly proficient user of Excel and Microsoft Office tools
• Strong analytical skills and communication skills, Time management, organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
• Commitment to extraordinary customer service required; with attention to detail.
• High level of proficiency in the design of HRIS systems; demonstrated report writing expertise using SQL and or an system report writing tool
• Expert knowledge of HR process and the configuration required to enable in an HRIS System
• Ability to create and deliver required training and support to ensure a successful implementation through utilization
• Thorough understanding of the full cycle payroll process; including time/attendance, tax filings and garnishments and the compliance requirements
• Understanding of federal & state employment related regulations (FLSA/FMLA/ADA, etc.) and their application
• Ability to work independently within a fast paced environment to make the decision needed to ensure an accurate compliant outcome
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Utilizes time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
National Aquarium in Baltimore - 9 months ago