Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Specialist is responsible for implementing, monitoring, maintaining and improving performance of the human resources information system. The HRIS Specialist will maintain the HRIS database by verifying data and preparing and distributing reports including but not limited to: Business Process Workflows, Employee and Manager Self-Service, custom reports, imports, exports and 3rd party vendor data mapping. Position will act as a liaison between Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, IT and software vendor.
• Manages all aspects of the UltiPro HRIS system including the Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Payroll, Benefits, Self Service and BI Reporting modules, system configuration and tracking.
• Spearheads all integration projects with HR/Payroll systems such as Halogen, Great Plains and benefit carriers
• Configures and maintains the security of the UltiPro HRIS System
• Performs mass updates and changes to employee records
• Responsible for uploads and downloads from one system to the other
• Collaborate with software vendors to ensure that all support staff are able to meet HR, Payroll and Finance objectives.
• Solves problems concerning Ulti-Pro HR/Payroll system, answers inquiries, and enforces HR/Payroll policies.
• Assists in development of overall procedures by recommending improvements or changes to the system when deemed necessary for greater efficiency. Must keep policies and procedures updated as changes are made in a manual format.
• Prepares and supports Cognos Business Intelligence reporting needs, by developing, administering, updating and launching weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as well as Dash Board reporting for various levels of the organization. Prepares other special-request adhoc reports for Payroll, HR, Finance and other departments as needed.
• Involved in the setup and administration of system role based security.
• Performs other duties as needed by demand of business.
• Must have at least 5 years prior experience with HRIS for a multi-company organization with over 1000 employees,.
• Accurate data entry skills and proficient in Excel and Access.
• Experience using Ultimate Software and Cognos Business Intelligence Reporting required.
• Should be organized, extremely detail oriented, ability to multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision. Project Management experience a plus.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to train others and document processes
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or an Associate's degree with at least five years of HRIS related activities.
• Commensurate level of experience including HRIS certifications
Word & Brown Companies - 15 months ago