Job Title: HSE Safety Specialist - WILLING TO CONSIDER HIGHLY-SKILLED ENTRY LEVEL RECENT GRADUATE
Req. ID: 19141
Employment Type: Permanent
Talisman is currently seeking to fill the position of HSE Specialist, with specific focus on Operational Integrity. This position will be responsible for support of field-based integrity management programs, and ensuring alignment to organizational HSSEOI initiatives. The individual must have technical, communication and organizational skills required to effectively engage front-line staff and contractors, as well as interacting with people at various levels of the organization. WILLING TO CONSIDER HIGHLY-SKILLED ENTRY LEVEL RECENT GRADUATE.
The HSE Specialist will be required to support the following:
- Development and implementation of integrity management programs, including:
- Performing project research;
- Teaching and / or facilitating workshops;
- Reviewing documents and making required updates and revisions;
- Field work to assess current state, gaps, and possible risks.
- Communicating directly with supervisory levels regarding work and activities required to implement and sustain integrity management programs.
- Research and review industry best practices for effective prevention strategies. Determine opportunities and corrective solutions to improve current company programs.
- Participate in or lead incident investigation teams in order to determine root causes. This includes the development of corrective actions or control measures and tracking to completion.
- Support development of HSSEOI procedures and programs to align with applicable codes, standards, specifications, and regulations.
- Participate in Field Verification programs to verify program utilization by front-line work teams. This includes writing follow up reports and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Participate in and/or facilitate risk assessments in support of field projects and Management of Change, including Process Hazard Analyses.
- Support and track closure of Management of Change activities.
- Analyze HSSEOI metrics, provide recommendations and champion corrective solutions to influence change.
- Participate in regional industry and safety committees, as pertinent.
- B.S. in an Engineering, Occupational Safety or related discipline is preferred, including applicable Technical Trade designation.
- Knowledge of pertinent industry standards / recommended practices, as well as Process Safety concepts, is of benefit.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience dealing with integrity management issues typical of oil and gas operations, with primary focus on Facilities Design & Construction, Production Operations and Maintenance. Experience with Drilling and Completions operations is of benefit. .
- WILLING TO CONSIDER HIGHLY-SKILLED ENTRY LEVEL RECENT GRADUATE.
The successful candidate will have:
- Problem solving, negotiation and technical skills will be required to address a variety of projects and success will rely on ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and risks in a fast-paced business environment
- Self-motivated and can work effectively both independently and in collaboration with others of differing technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Superior time management skills to meet deadlines, deal quickly with frequent requests for immediate support, and at times manage an active field travel schedule.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Talisman Energy - 2 years ago