GrafTech International is a global company with more than 125 years in the graphite material industry, offering innovative solutions for the most challenging applications. Discovery, development and implementation of leading edge technologies are fundamental to GrafTech’s success. GrafTech International is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon and graphite products for industrial applications in a diverse array of industries: metal production, latest generation electronics, advanced energy, chemicals, aerospace and transportation, among others.
We have an immediate opening for an HS&EP Manager reporting to the VP of HS&EP. This position will be based out of Columbia, TN facility. The primary function of this position will be to manage the functions of Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection for the site.
See below for a summary of responsibilities.
- Develop HS&EP Procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and Corporate policies.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure corporate policies and procedures are met.
- Coordinates the Health Center with contractor to provide occupational medical services to site and corporate personnel.
- Develop and administer and execute all HS&EP programs to meet corporate and legal requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to site personnel to address HS&EP issues.
- Develop and administer Emergency Preparedness Plan for the site.
- Prepare reports and records to comply with internal GrafTech requirements and external regulatory requirements.
- Develop and administer HAZMAT program.
- Act as a liaison with HS&EP governmental and local fire departments.
- Administer motivational programs to achieve a safe and injury free workplace.
- Respond to customer requests for information.
- Provide support to the site’s designated media spokespersons.
- Coordinate Change Management teams.
- Assist site management in setting HS&EP goals for the site.
- Supervises subordinates.
- Maintains knowledge of OSHA Safety, Occupational Health and EPA regulations.
- Responsible for administering environmental permits (air, water, landfill).
- Performs off site waste site assessments.
- Develop, complete and submit environmental reports such as Tier II, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Form R, Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Chemical Data Reporting (CDR), and Annual Hazardous Waste Reporting.
- Degree in HS&EP or related technical field
- At least 10 years HS&EP experience.
- Professional certifications, such as CIH, CSP, CHMM, PE, or others as appropriate.
- In-depth knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbal/written.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to understand a variety of technical issues.
- Knowledge of equipment and safety issues involved.
- Ability to handle complex projects.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with all organizational levels and outside governmental agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle emergencies successfully.
- State of Tennessee VEE Certified.
- State of Tennessee Grade I Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a well-established organization. If you thrive in a challenging environment and have a proven track record in achieving results, come join our worldwide organization. For immediate consideration, please go to the following link and apply on our Career page at www.graftech.com/CAREER-CENTER.aspx .
To learn additional company information, please visit our website at www.graftech.com .
GrafTech International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.