• Performs duties in accordance with the integrated HSES
• Ensures that the HSES performance of all disciplines
and subcontractors is in accordance with contractual
• Liaises with client and contractor site HSES
• Establishes effective working relationships with line
supervisors and ensures that safe working practices are
• Maintains a visible presence at worksites to ensure
effective HSES management is in place.
• Assists in the interpretation of compliance monitoring
procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Oversees the administration and compliance of JRM’s
• Provides assistance to line supervisors for risk
management activities, including hazard identification
and task risk assessments.
• Assists and participates in emergency response drills;
including developing scenarios, preparation of reports
and inspection of the equipment.
• Conducts incident investigations and completes
• Attends HSES committee and project progress meetings.
• Ensures that regular workplace surveys are conducted
and recommendations are implemented.
• Conducts HSES trainings as requested by the Training
• Conducts periodic walkthroughs and inspections at
worksite and other designated locations as needed.
• Ensures HSES equipment calibrations are maintained.
• Participates in HSES audits.
• Provides assistance in reviews and revisions to HSES
project plans and procedures.
• Maintains the HSES central action tracking register at
the worksite and follows up with supervisors on closing
• Leads and mentors HSES officer(s) and trainees.
• Performs other duties as assigned periodically by the
Marine HSES Coordinator and / or Man-in-Charge at
• Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety & Environment
• Minimum of 4 years HSES related work
• Certification in Occupational Health and Safety
• Internal / external auditor certification
McDermott - 7 months ago