This position reports to the Director of the University Theatre and the Chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts and is responsible for designing and producing public relations/advertising materials for the Arts @ ASU and coordinate various financial and operational initiatives.
Job Title: HSI STEM GRANT MANAGER
Job Summary The Angelo State University-Howard College Cooperative HSI-STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Program was funded by the U.S. Education Department (ED) under Title III for a period of 5 (five) years, beginning October 1, 2011. Under general direction from Project Director, the HSI-STEM Grant Manager will be responsible for project compliance, logistics and communications.
Duties 1. Works with Project Director to assure appropriate use of grant funds, including the timely processing and approval of expenditures.
2. Processes all purchasing requests, bids, consultant and construction contracts within institutional, state, and federal rules.
3. Provides assistance in monitoring subaward activities and expenditures.
4. Maintains records as required in EDGAR (Education Department General Administrative Regulations), including inventory, time and effort documentation, and monthly reports.
5. Assists with preparation and submission of required fiscal and annual reports to institutional administrators and the U.S. Department of Education.
6. With Project Director assures that the grant operates in compliance with EDGAR throughout the period of federal support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: -Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to federally funded grants;
-Knowledge of ASU student tracking and enrollment management systems;
-Knowledge of ASU STEM disciplines and programs;
-Ability to monitor all components of grant activity;
-Ability to make effective oral and written presentations;
-Ability to establish effective working relationships with partnering institution (Howard College);
-Ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail;
-Skilled in the use of multiple software packages, including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and financial/accounting systems.
Physical Requirements -Office setting.
-Requires prolonged periods of sitting.
-Occasional travel may be required.
Qualifications Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree preferred, along with a minimum of 2 years experience in managing funded projects.
Required Applicant Documents: Resume
Other Information: This position is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and is contingent on continued funding from this source.
Posting Date: 09-20-2013
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
InsideHigherEd.com - 15 months ago