The primary responsibility is to complete and/or manage HUD Architectural Cost and Plan Review projects. A secondary responsibility is to complete Project Capital Needs Assessments (PCNAs) in accordance with ASTM Standard E 2018-08 and HUD MAP/LEAN requirements to augment/benefit the growth of our Real Estate Services and HUD department. EBI Consulting is a full-service Environmental consulting company with 24 years of experience successfully assisting national real estate investment firms and lending institutions with environmental and engineering due diligence. This position will require you to perform extensive reviews of construction plans and contractor’s cost estimates as part of the HUD MAP 221d4 program and participate in weekly conference calls with borrower, lenders, architects and contractors. In addition, occasional field inspections of various property types, including industrial, commercial, and residential properties may be required. You will perform independent research of local, state, and federal resources in compiling the information required for real estate due diligence.
Successful candidates will possess 8 to 10 years direct construction experience at the Project Superintendant level or above. 3 to 5 years completing and/or managing HUD Architectural and Cost Review reports. Experience with multifamily properties across the country preferred. Additional experience completing and/or managing Project Capital Needs Assessments (PCNAs) in accordance with HUD MAP and LEAN requirements. EBI looks to consider applicants with a diversified skill set that will benefit the future development of EBI as a whole, serving real estate, telecommunications, and institutional & industrial service clientele nationwide. Beneficial skill sets include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills,
- Experience working in a fast-paced consulting firm with the ability to independently manage multiple projects,
- Excellent communication and management skills,
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. This position will require you to simultaneously manage electronic deliverables for multiple ongoing projects,
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget,
- Ability to travel on short notice (1 week or less). This position will require travel primarily throughout the region, as well as occasional trips throughout the US in an effort to support national needs. The position typically involves approximately 10-15% field time and 85%-90% office time.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of accessibility codes (ADA, ANSI, FHA, UFAS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of applicable building code requirements on both a national (IBC, UBC, etc.) and local level (e.g. Chicago, NYC, etc.)
- General understanding of building systems, including structural, MEP, roofing, etc.,
- Experience managing client relations and understanding the intricacies of the HUD new construction process,
- Experience in relations with architects, contractors as well as borrowers and lenders,
- Experience with construction loan monitoring a PLUS,
- PCNA experience a PLUS.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction related program.
Registration and Professional Requirements
Must be either a licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect with experience in the real estate/construction due diligence industry.
What the Successful Candidate should anticipate
expect the successful candidate would work with our team to help EBI realize our goals while at the same time, the successful candidate will realize personal, professional and financial growth.
The compensation package will include
competitive base salary and performance-based incentives. EBI has comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, fitness and tuition reimbursements and company sponsored wellness programs.
- EBI offers competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, group medical & dental insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and progressive career opportunities.
submit a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF. You must include the following information:
Reference job #, title and resource
Brief summary of past related experience (highlight your experience as it relates to our need & industry);
List education credentials and professional registrations