The Human Resources Assistant II is responsible for providing administrative support for the daily operations of the Human Resources (HR) department, to include a variety of technical and confidential duties related to recruiting, staffing, workers compensation (WC) and HR information systems (HRIS). The incumbent will be assigned routine and non-routine tasks in support of these activities. The position requires a skill set that includes strong organizational skills, excellent oral and interpersonal skills, and the ability to assess and manage shifting priorities and adjust workload accordingly in order to meet all expected deadlines.
Additional responsibilities include acting as receptionist for HR and Academic Services (AS). Ensures all incoming calls are answered promptly, screened and routed to appropriate personnel. Responds to routine inquiries in person, by phone, and by email. Refers visitors to appropriate staff, other offices, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience in a Human Resources office is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of increasingly responsible administrative office support experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an environment where goals and priorities are set and expected to be accomplished with a high degree of independent initiative is required.
- Experience in a research environment and/or higher education environment is preferred.
- Prior experience with logistics coordination (meeting or event planning/management, travel coordination, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to proficiently speak, read and write business Spanish is preferred.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must be willing to work overtime based on operational needs.
- Satisfactory completion of the Instituteâ€™s background investigation.
Position requires constant seeing, keying, talking, hearing, reading, reasoning, analyzing, and communicating.